Bilstein 5100 spring perch help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KithekHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I just bought a set of 5100's to replace the coil spring spacers I have in the front of my truck but I ran into an issue when putting them on.

The 5100's require you to re-use the OEM lower spring perch that the coil sits on from the original strut but apparently the person that owned the truck before me had the OEM struts replaced with a quick strut that has the spring perch welded onto the shock body so they can't be removed to be used with the 5100's.

Does anyone have a part number to purchase just the lower spring perches or a suitable replacement? Been scouring the interwebs all morning but can't find anything about it. I'd hate to have to buy a set of OEM struts just to remove the perches from them :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I just bought a set of 5100's to replace the coil spring spacers I have in the front of my truck but I ran into an issue when putting them on.

The 5100's require you to re-use the OEM lower spring perch that the coil sits on from the original strut but apparently the person that owned the truck before me had the OEM struts replaced with a quick strut that has the spring perch welded onto the shock body so they can't be removed to be used with the 5100's.

Does anyone have a part number to purchase just the lower spring perches or a suitable replacement? Been scouring the interwebs all morning but can't find anything about it. I'd hate to have to buy a set of OEM struts just to remove the perches from them :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I have not seen them available separately. Hopefully someone will see this that has used the Rancho Quick Lift or similar product that has it's own spring perch and still have there originals and may be willing to part with them. You might want to post in the wanted section to get more exposure in case someone does have a set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

KithekHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I searched a local junkyard and found a 2009 1500 with the 5.7 in it that has both the OEM front struts still on it. Does anyone know if the struts from the 09-11 1500's are going to be the same as the struts from the 12-18s?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be the same spring perch. I'm pretty Bilstein shows the same part# for the 09 to 18 trucks. I would check there website to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk