Bilstein 6112 springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nobody makes direct fit springs like how the eibach springs fit the 5100. I’m debating on emailing eibach about having a set of springs made for the 6112. I know based on provided info that they are 550lb springs. I don’t know length on them but am interested in finding something longer and possibly only 500lb to reduce the rebound rate on the 6112. I’ve decided I do not want to permanently mount a winch to my truck. I will add a hitch to the front bumper and use a winch cradle so I can move it between front and rear as needed. I’m not super familiar with “tuning” spring length and weight so any help would be appreciated. I know I want longer springs to reduce preload. It seemed to help when I switched from stock coils to eibach coils on the 5100. Ride was softer and more controlled and being that I’ll probably be cranking the 6112 to 2.4 or 2.8 that’s maxing the preload out I’m afraid it may stiffen up the ride. Now I know I may be crazy so if I am at least be easy about telling me.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The 6112s have a 16" long coil.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 6112s have a 16" long coil.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Cool. So I’ll see how I like the feel and then go from there I guess. I know it’s all personal opinion but I read a few other reviews and some people running them cranked up to 2.6 said it felt to stiff for them so I was worried since I’ll be running mine up at 2.3

I wonder if something like this would work
https://eibach.com/us/c-9-ers.html

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Billstein will also do custom springs along with eibach at this time I would assume the wait would be months for either of them. The billsteins are way softer than the eibach so it will most likely be a softer ride than you’re used to even cranked all the way up