Black Edition prints on paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 Express black edition and I have hand/palm prints that do not come off when washed. Any recommendations on how to get rid of these? There are a couple on the passenger door and back door where my son gets in. I also have a couple marks on the bed of the truck as well that will not come out.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
what are you using to wash the truck? Have you used Dawn dish soap?

OP
OP
bmclark25

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not tried Dawn dish soap. Typically I will take it to one of the do it yourself places. I try to hand wash once a month or so but have been busy this summer and have not.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
sounds like greasy finger prints. Try Dawn.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Express black edition and I have hand/palm prints that do not come off when washed. Any recommendations on how to get rid of these? There are a couple on the passenger door and back door where my son gets in. I also have a couple marks on the bed of the truck as well that will not come out.

When you wash are you just spraying it down or are you traditionally washing with a wash mitt or towel? Just spraying it down won't remove everything on the paint but a traditional wash will get almost everything off, it requires the agitation.

OP
OP
bmclark25

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I hand was it I use a mitt. I have not hand washed it this summer and that is when I started to notice the areas. When I take it to the do it yourself wash I use the sprayer and the foam brush. This has not removed any of it. I will try to hand wash it this weekend and if that does not take it off I will try the dawn soap.
When you wash are you just spraying it down or are you traditionally washing with a wash mitt or towel? Just spraying it down won't remove everything on the paint but a traditional wash will get almost everything off, it requires the agitation.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I hand was it I use a mitt. I have not hand washed it this summer and that is when I started to notice the areas. When I take it to the do it yourself wash I use the sprayer and the foam brush. This has not removed any of it. I will try to hand wash it this weekend and if that does not take it off I will try the dawn soap.

Ouch on using the brush. Anyway, worst case use a small dab of polish on the marks, that should take care of them as long as they are on top of the top and not etched in.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
none of those are designed to remove waxes and grease. they are designed for dirt and dust. Dawn will remove any oil based products, including wax. I use dawn to strip the truck for a clean slate when fully detailing it. But then wax is the last step.