Brand new RAM RHO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The RHO is likely the lowest price trim level you can get with the Hurricane HO. Even so, with a base MSRP of $70k it'll likely be as expensive as a Limited once I add all the options I'd want. I mean, it will definitely have the looks. But I'm worried the exhaust note will let it down. Something that looks like that needs a sound to match. It's likely I've bought my last new Ram 1500 (4 years ago).

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The RHO is likely the lowest price trim level you can get with the Hurricane HO. Even so, with a base MSRP of $70k it'll likely be as expensive as a Limited once I add all the options I'd want. I mean, it will definitely have the looks. But I'm worried the exhaust note will let it down. Something that looks like that needs a sound to match. It's likely I've bought my last new Ram 1500 (4 years ago).
I don't think this is a bad move for ram. Similar to the Tradesman powerwagon. Can go from simple to fancy as you want, still keeping the off road bits. Curious how dressed down the base model will be.

Hoping the I6 does not share similar exhaust sound to the raptor. That's plain trash.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty outta my poverty driven league and not practical. That thing a toy like Raptor. If u got the money hey but it is a toy IMHO. Like buying a TRX to be a GG. Don’t get me wrong would luv a TRX but until somebody opens up a Gofund for Boird or Bill Gates gives me $$$& Neva happen. My lottery numbers suck too lol.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That thing, along with all the 5th Gen Rams, is a Body Shops lease payments.
All that junk on the front end is ugly & costly

a single front end fender bender & you make the guys smile at the body shop

Last edited:

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will simply be a very hard and swift pass for me! Best wishes to those who are interested in this.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Relatively low entry level price for the segment, good power numbers with still reasonable fuel economy. Hopefully a larger tank option for longer range. Not something I'll give my PW up for, personally, but if I were starting fresh I'd at least look at one. Too bad it looks like it has the automatic braking and the 'sleepy driver' spy ware...

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think of it as a TRX-lite. Light on carbs but not on taste.

Drink… mean drive responsibly.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hate to see what a 1 ton version costs. Looks cool though.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would have bought this if it had come out three years ago. I wanted something like a TRX appearance package. A truck with the looks of the TRX but I seriously don't need a $100k truck with 700hp that gets 10mpg or less for commuting back and forth to work. It's bad enough that I use a truck that gets a little over 16 mpg for that LOL. I would grudgingly accept that the MSRP is reasonable for the times.

If they'd have used "TRX" anywhere in the name or badging they'd have had to hold off the villagers armed with pitchforks and torches. I'm good with it having a different name, but I think the TRX guys would prefer if it was easier to tell them apart if someone de-badges one (with the engine shut off that is lol).

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice looking rig and priced smartly for today's inflated retail market. Not sure how I feel about the 6 HO. I might be open to other than a V-8 powered 1/2 ton, but I'm curious as to how these will hold up. I've often heard that with the Ford Eco-Boost you get either "eco" or "boost", but not both.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice looking rig and priced smartly for today's inflated retail market. Not sure how I feel about the 6 HO. I might be open to other than a V-8 powered 1/2 ton, but I'm curious as to how these will hold up. I've often heard that with the Ford Eco-Boost you get either "eco" or "boost", but not both.
As an owner of an F150 EB (2014 Limited) I can tell you there is no eco, at least not with mine. Best I've seen is 16 mpg combined when I use it for commuting to work.

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2L
Very cool truck. Priced well. The i6 HO is no slouch at 540hp and the truck is estimated at a 0-60 of 4.6s. Only 0.1s slower than the TRX.
Should have a deeper exhaust note compared to a v6, more closely resembling a v8 plus whatever creative exhaust design they come up with.
Arguably a better daily than the TRX with the same off-road capability and looks. Might even pick up some points on the off-road side being lighter and more nimble.
I'm excited to see them in the wild.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
As an owner of an F150 EB (2014 Limited) I can tell you there is no eco,
Why do you think Ford writes the name as Eco Boost? It's one or the other.. LOL
As I've said in the past, the problem is the spark plugs, as in it has them. Same size compression ignition engine would probably get twice the fuel economy.