Broadcast sheets...show 'em here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just a quick explanation first...a broadcast sheet is what the assembly line folks (Warren Truck, in my '16 Rebel's case) use to help 'em build vehicles. Ever since I got my first car, a '66 Mustang coupe, I've looked for these elusive things hiding in my rides, but I never found one until getting the Reb.

Here's how I found mine; once the paperwork was done and the Reb was home, I happened to crawl under it so I could see how Ram configured the 4X4 system. My previous Ram was 2WD and I wondered how much of the front axle, TC and so on resembled my much-missed Ranger. Well, what do you know but there's a wrinkled sheet of paper wrapped around the front sway bar. Could this be a broadcast sheet, I thought? Oh, yeah, it was!

So, without adieu, here's mine...laminated by the local Staples and now sitting in a place of honor in my office (OK, not really, but I'm definitely keeping it until I sell the Reb).

IMG_2571_sRGB.JPG

Anybody have theirs? Let's see 'em!

TXCOMT

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just get the build sheet and leave it at that

OP
OP
TXCOMT

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just get the build sheet and leave it at that

And that's fine, too, but this little piece of paper rode with my rig all the way through WTAP. Plus, it can't be reprinted, so that ups its value to me.

TXCOMT

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've kept all my windows stickers, but have never heard or, nor seen the Broadcast sheet?

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Just talked to my dealer service manager. Says not all trucks get to the dealer with the broadcast sheet. But those that do, one of the dealer prep check offs is to remove it. Told him I want it when my replacement truck gets in. Said you don't need it and cant have it. Only in Ca,,,I will bet. So,,,,I reminded him, I am realy good at writing dealer reviews. Like to use the name of the dealer and managers name. Told me I was AH, but he would put it the glove box for me. He is actually a good friend and runs a great service dept.

OP
OP
TXCOMT

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hah, well, good for you, Fitz! The customer is always right, even when he's not!

Never heard the dealers were supposed to remove it before, so thanks for that tidbit. I wonder if that's dealer-by-dealer PDI checklist item or something dictated by FCA? It's really no skin off their nose either way...who cares if it's left or not?

Regardless, my dealer had my '16 Reb for a long time before I drove it off the lot. In other words, there was plenty of time for them to notice and remove it, but I'm glad they didn't as it's a pretty nifty piece of history to have in the files.

TXCOMT