Bullydog Tuner Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new to tuners and gen 4 Rams and have a couple questions. When I installed my tune I choose to disable the mds but the eco light on the dash still comes on. Does this eco light have anything to do with the mds being on or not? The second question is when I adjusted my shift points to shift at a higher rpm should I have also adjusted the rev limiter higher? Does anybody have any ideas where I should set the shift point and rev limiter? Thanks in advance!!

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Eco light just tells when you are driving "economical". And for shift points I raised mine to 5900 and I think the rev limiter is set to either 6k or 6100rpm.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I am new to tuners and gen 4 Rams and have a couple questions. When I installed my tune I choose to disable the mds but the eco light on the dash still comes on. Does this eco light have anything to do with the mds being on or not? The second question is when I adjusted my shift points to shift at a higher rpm should I have also adjusted the rev limiter higher? Does anybody have any ideas where I should set the shift point and rev limiter? Thanks in advance!!

Just curious, why did you disable MDS?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, why did you disable MDS?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I hate the sound it makes when it kicks in plus I don't see a need for it since I didn't buy my truck for gas mileage. From what I have read MDS does very little anyway for fuel mileage.

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Statcher1!! Another question I have is after I install a tune is it a good idea to disconnect the negative battery cable like it is recommended to do after other mods? Or is that not required? Thanks in advance!!!

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like hemihustlin said no need to pull the battery cable

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
All good advise! Your good to go!

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank You very much for the replies!! I am new to all this mod stuff so I figured I would ask to make sure. Thanks