Cabin air filter mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock
Yes, but if you had to cut and add a filter, then you will need to get use to a new max with the filter.

What do you mean get use to the new max? You mean get used to almost no air flow even on high? :D

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There has to be something else going on, I added mine and it doesn't blow as hard but still getting good flow. Still cold.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I just made this filter today and going to try it out. The factory (geno's) filter was a no-go on my Mega cab, restricted the already poor air flow way too much to be usable.
This is a range top filter with a thin charcoal foam sandwiched in between. I cut it down to the size of the factory filter. I can still see through the filter so hoping the air flow restriction will be minimal but still offer a little filtering. My goal is to keep the crap from getting in there and clogging up the evaporator/heater core.

Why? The fram filter is a snug fit.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Because those filters block way too much air flow in the Mega cab like I stated in my post, that's why

My first filter was like the one you have. Just shove it in. It has a good fit. But the Fram has cardboard on 4 sides so it fits a bit tighter.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My first filter was like the one you have. Just shove it in. It has a good fit. But the Fram has cardboard on 4 sides so it fits a bit tighter.

I'm not following you? Those filters are too dense and do not let enough air flow through them on a mega cab. Have to run the fan on high just to get any air out of the vents. That is why I made a less dense, more open flowing one myself.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not following you? Those filters are too dense and do not let enough air flow through them on a mega cab. Have to run the fan on high just to get any air out of the vents. That is why I made a less dense, more open flowing one myself.

Maybe I didn't understand. I thought you were stuffing the filter into the metal screen.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
I don't have one as I checked. Looks like I'll be doing that soon after i fix actuator right there anyways. I have a loaded 2015 sport. It is strange how certain lines got it and others didn't

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have one as I checked. Looks like I'll be doing that soon after i fix actuator right there anyways. I have a loaded 2015 sport. It is strange how certain lines got it and others didn't

Check your build sheet. My 2015 said I had one, vehicle didn’t. MOPAR completed the modification through the dealer. RAM Big Horn - pretty loaded, for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Check your build sheet. My 2015 said I had one, vehicle didn’t. MOPAR completed the modification through the dealer. RAM Big Horn - pretty loaded, for reference.

By build sheet you mean the big white price paper that was on glass? I swear I'm suppose to have the moving pedals and I don't.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yes, the window sticker...which should also include a reference to pedals. What’s your trim line?

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Yes, the window sticker...which should also include a reference to pedals. What’s your trim line?

I just looked it says nothing about either one. I'm just waiting on dealership to call back so I can price it out with them first before ordering online. Since I'm waiting on a trim piece they broke on wife's jeep fixing the air bag recall. Mechanic broke radio bezel and tried to pass it off on us lol.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just looked it says nothing about either one. I'm just waiting on dealership to call back so I can price it out with them first before ordering online. Since I'm waiting on a trim piece they broke on wife's jeep fixing the air bag recall. Mechanic broke radio bezel and tried to pass it off on us lol.

What’s your trim line?