Catastrophic Transmission Failure with eBay seller not honoring warranty or returns.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So you been driving with no filter?

No, i was talking about what happened around a week ago with the canister filter unscrewing itself and it having issues with shifting around a week ago if you remember. That’s what i was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely keep us updated on how it goes with ebay. I've heard like others have posted that they really do side with the buyer unless theres very extenuating circumstances.

I'm confused about what exactly do they want you to "flash" the TCM with? Are they talking about a quicklearn?

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Definitely keep us updated on how it goes with ebay. I've heard like others have posted that they really do side with the buyer unless theres very extenuating circumstances.

I'm confused about what exactly do they want you to "flash" the TCM with? Are they talking about a quicklearn?

According to the nasty email they sent me I was supposed to “scan for codes before you remove the unit” (which there were none), and quicklearn the trans before driving, which i did. And also, apparently i was supposed to use a scanner that has the “latest software”, that’s up to the “latest calibrations”.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a question for y’all, just out of curiosity.

How much metal is too much metal for a new trans in the pan? The reason i’m asking is because i’m wondering if my TCM died, because of the constant P0822 code i have.

The metal wasn’t like in chunks of that makes sense, it was relatively fine grade with very small strands of what looked like aluminum. The magnet didn’t catch much, it was mostly in the bottom of the pan.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had allot of dealing with eBay and they will make it right, sellers don't want a negative review at all cost, just stay on the horse with them!!

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys, don’t know if anyone’s up, but if so, i’m wondering more stuff as it’s late and my mind is going places.

Would a check ball cause this? It’s strange what it’s doing, it’s shifting into 1-2 just fine now but around 15 seconds after it shifts into 2nd it lurches badly and goes into limp home mode with extremely rough engagement of reverse and drive.

I think i’m grasping for straws looking to recover in case the worse case scenario happens, but this would be nice to know and might explain the pressure codes.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
My 13 Ram 6 speed shift solenoid went out under warranty, threw 3 codes, truck would run fine then not shift or have hard shifts, I thought it was the computer going out, but 30k miles later no codes. Ebay and paypal are hard to work with Right Now, due to covid, hardly anyone working for them. I had a seller send to wrong address, post office returned item back to them, they denied my claim 3 times, finally contacted someone that refunded me, but took 2+ months dealing with paypal. Ebay, I bought a sound bar, then right after I bought it, listing was removed due to suspicious activity, so was hacked account. Took me almost 2 months to get money back, they kept saying, since you used PayPal contact them and paypal said contact ebay. Then they made me wait to see if it would arrive even though tracking number showed it was being sent to Vegas and I'm in Wa state. If anything in listing you didn't do, seller will win the complaint.

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. This has to be one of the worst months in my entire life.

So, what happened. Saturday morning i get into my truck, truck shifts from 1-2 at a higher RPM than usual and then goes directly into limp home mode.

Okay, so, i’m able to drive it home with nothing else going wrong. Check the codes, the codes are P0822, P0871 and P0846. I checked the fluid, it’s at the proper level, nothing much wrong there.

Take the pan off to inspect the valve body and solenoid pack, and the solenoid pack is a white solenoid on a 5 check ball VB, which i thought was unusual. So i replaced it with a gray one, reflashed the TCM, and guess what, same issues. When i had the pan off too there was lots of metal in it.

So, i contacted the eBay seller, to ask what i should do and if it’s possible to get another transmission or if i could get my money back and return it, as they offered 30 day returns. I told them (in detail mind you) what happened, but i left out the part of me flashing the TCM.

I received an email on ebay essentially telling me to **** off and that since i “never performed a TCM flash” that my warranty is voided.

So, now, i’m out of a transmission, truck isn’t working, and pretty soon i’m going to need to tow a trailer to one of my work sites, and i can’t exactly tow with a Chrysler 300. Not to mention i’m out of nearly 2,000$.

Has anyone had this happen before, and what can i do? I’m completely lost.

Oh yeah, and did i mention, their very very very unintelligent and highly moronic trans techs forgot to install the canister filter on right and i didn’t discover that until around a week ago.

If you are within the return period and they didn’t disclose their “policy”... file complaint w/PayPal (if that’s how you paid), then w/eBay if the first line doesn’t work.

Did you buy w/credit card? May be a path there as well to dispute.

Finally- an attorney’s letter might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I always dispute these things with my credit card company. That usually makes Paypal / Ebay / merchant get off their dead ass and move the claim along. Also, I don't have to pay that amount on my CC bill until it is settled. Once you pay the CC bill it is hard to get them to do anything since they have your money. It is the Golden Rule, he with the gold makes the rules.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I found out what’s wrong, and i’ve delayed talking to the seller as they take an entire day to get back to me.

The P0822 is causing the trans to go into limp home mode, and today, i removed all the wiring going to the trans to see if maybe i could move something into the right place to see if i could get it to go away, but it wouldn’t. So i reconnected everything in hopes something would happen.

I preformed another quicklearn (my 3rd one now) with the RPMs rising to 1500 RPMs with AlfaOBD demanding me to shift into drive when this was occurring, so i did, and it screeched like a pig. Immediately put it in park and now i have what sounds like a solenoid screech every time the truck is on at all.

Tried to drive the truck again, went into limp home mode. But this time instead of their being the usual P0846 and P0871 codes, it was just P0882 with the truck not reading transmission fluid temps, just showing - - in the gauge cluster.

Now, for the wiring, which i know is the issue here.

When i removed the transmission, a ground strap or what looked like one came off from the back of the truck from around the muffler area. I didn’t know where it connected to and i didn’t wanna take everything apart again to figure it out so i just connected it to the muffler hanger and the frame hanger.

I have absolutely 0 idea about anything to do with wiring so if anyone has some ideas (or at best wiring diagrams) that would be a huge help.

It has to be wiring simply for the fact that the truck now shifts really nice from 1-2, it’s perfect actually. But 5 seconds after the 1-2 shift, rpms drop, truck bangs into limp mode.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
If you are within the return period and they didn’t disclose their “policy”... file complaint w/PayPal (if that’s how you paid), then w/eBay if the first line doesn’t work.

Did you buy w/credit card? May be a path there as well to dispute.

Finally- an attorney’s letter might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was purchased with a credit card. I’m not going to go through the torture of eBay until i can diagnose that code and get rid of it..

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Looks like there’s a massive short somewhere in the transmission wiring. The truck dies and barely starts after being shut off for 3 hours..

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like there’s a massive short somewhere in the transmission wiring. The truck dies and barely starts after being shut off for 3 hours..

Clearly the trans is a POS and who ever rebuilt it did a bad job I would contact ebay stop wasting your time yank it and send it even if you get it to work probly wont last long.

OOOR Sell it and buy a hemi:p:D