Cheapest tires on the market!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice! They look good!

If they pass the first hurdle, which is getting them mounted and balanced ok, they'll be fine. My experience with import tires is, don't expect to get more than 30K miles out of them. Then again, at half the cost of a name brand, not a big deal.

Wal Mart has quite a few just under $100 for my stock size, which is 265/70/17.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
If you need to buy 2X the cheap brand to equal 1X a good brand you aren't saving money. There is the cost of balancing plus your time.

Also, if you buy them at Discount Tire you get tire rotation and flat fix in the price.

So ... you probably paid too much for the cheap tires.

These are great tires in your size.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NITTO-Dura-Grappler-P265-70R17-113S-Tire/44861233

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Atturo’s are fine. I ran the trail blade XT’s (first hybrid tire I ran). They were better than the stock Goodyear’s but not the best in the rain and snow. You don’t have to spend $$$$$ on big name brand tires. I’ve ran Nittos, Mickeys and BFG and they all had there plus and minuses. I’m running Federal’s now and they handle much better in the wet **** than expected. 35’s shipped to my door, mounted and balanced for under $1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
For cheap tires I picked up a set of Good Year AT/S 265/70/17 for 90$ each off Wal Mart Web site on Around Black Friday . The store has them for 110$ SO will see how they last. They sell on average for $150.00 !Reviews were good , Now about 5k on them with no signs of wear ! They are a LT tire according to Good Year but basically a 4 ply tire ! I DO NOT off road so good for me :) Will see how they do in the snow ! If I do not like them I will put my dedicated snows on !
You may or may not like Good Year but they have been around a long time and do have to follow D.O. T. and other government laws like all manufactures do ! So buy what makes you feel good :)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Wrangler-AT-S-265-70R17-113-S-Tire/2367880

Last edited:

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
There are two areas on my truck I won't cheap out on. Tires and brakes. The safety for me and my loved ones and others on the road is paramount. Having said that I do research these areas diligently to ensure I get the best value for my dollar. The same can be said for how long I run my tires. I have never run tires to the miles claimed they are good for. I run them until they start losing grip or I have lost confidence in them.
I looked at those Nitto Dura Grapplers ( nice looking tire ) but when I see 30 pages of video reviews of the same manufacture clips and no real world reviews it raises the alarm bells. Not saying they are bad just wouldn't bother going any further. I use video and written reviews to narrow the down the field.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
There are two areas on my truck I won't cheap out on. Tires and brakes. The safety for me and my loved ones and others on the road is paramount. Having said that I do research these areas diligently to ensure I get the best value for my dollar. The same can be said for how long I run my tires. I have never run tires to the miles claimed they are good for. I run them until they start losing grip or I have lost confidence in them.
I looked at those Nitto Dura Grapplers ( nice looking tire ) but when I see 30 pages of video reviews of the same manufacture clips and no real world reviews it raises the alarm bells. Not saying they are bad just wouldn't bother going any further. I use video and written reviews to narrow the down the field.
I do agree that I will not go with cheap no brand tires ! I scored on my Good Years and the reviews were good :) So will see if they hold up to at least 40/50k. Many have passed the mileage ! BUT if they wear bad or start loosing traction like you they will be gone

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I do agree that I will not go with cheap no brand tires ! I scored on my Good Years and the reviews were good :) So will see if they hold up to at least 40/50k. Many have passed the mileage ! BUT if they wear bad or start loosing traction like you they will be gone
I’ve had plenty of off brands that were better and wore better than good years lol.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
OP<

I hope you find them to have been an excellent investment.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My factory Goodyears have 26K on them and I'm starting to slip and slide around like a SOB in the rain too. They still have 6/32nds left so I'll sell them and make a couple bucks. Ordered a set of General Grabber HTS 60's last week for $109 ea. That's a pretty good price for 275/60R20's. I personally have no use for any type of AT tire but hey to each his own.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I think you'll do fine with the Atturos. I read somewhere that a few years ago, they had a lot of quality control issues, so they have recently re-tooled and fixed a lot of their issues. Good luck and let us know.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I’ve had plenty of off brands that were better and wore better than good years lol.
I have had good luck with Good Year's, Had about 40k on the SRA's and still had tread left ! So I expect to see 40k+ on these AT/s tires ! BUT I also do not drive like a mad man either :O No off roading either ! SO we all have good and bad luck with certain brands ! So will see

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
For the "I never cheap out on tires" guys.

Have you had a bad experience with other than name brand tires in the last 20yrs or so? I'm old enough to remember when cheap tires where REALLY cheap tires.

Like said, if they mount/balance OK, your only risk is maybe getting 12k miles less treadlife out of them. That's what I've experienced anyway.

Same with brake pads/rotors. Most are Chinese imports today anyway. Never had an issue.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
For the "I never cheap out on tires" guys.

Have you had a bad experience with other than name brand tires in the last 20yrs or so? I'm old enough to remember when cheap tires where REALLY cheap tires.

Like said, if they mount/balance OK, your only risk is maybe getting 12k miles less treadlife out of them. That's what I've experienced anyway.

Same with brake pads/rotors. Most are Chinese imports today anyway. Never had an issue.
I’ve ran cheap tires. More popular cheap tires and tires that I’ve never heard of. The only flats I’ve ever had were on my good years :banghead: And more than once too