Check Engine light after install of Aftermarket radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattleBorn21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anybody know what may be wrong?

Issue: Check Engine Light

Causes: Installed Kenwood DDX771 Aftermarket Radio / Subs and Amp with it.

So here is an explenation, and an odd situation. On Saturday, i got the dealer oil change for the first time since i bought the truck. Sunday i installed a new Head Unit, and i had to get a bunch of wiring kits for it to connect it. No touching of the actual wires from the trucks stock harness. there is also a couple of components that i did not hook up just yet because i am still waiting for them in the mail (antenna). I do not know the other 2 hookups that are behind the UConnect 5.0. Also the backup camera does not work, does anybody know which connection that would be?

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman Express Blacktop Edition

OP
OP
B

BattleBorn21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do not have a code reader, need to pick one of those up. tips?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Just get a cheep one the one I have was like $70 bucks it dosent tell you what the code means but just about everyone these days has Google in there pocket. I pull the code Google it and move forward. You don't state when the cel came on. Was it first start up after the stero install? was it couple times after? Had you gotten gas before the vel came on?

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Go to auto zone they do free diagnostic scanning.

OP
OP
B

BattleBorn21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It was after the first feew start ups. It has gone away now and been gone for quite a few starts. Will be picking up a code reader soon. Thanks all for the help. Now just if anybody know which wire the back up cam is that goes to the head unit, thatd be awesome!