Chrysler recall software update disables power folding side mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my 2015 laramie has power folding mirrors so it was an option at the time. One of two things happened.

1. your truck had a mistake in the option coeds listed
2. prvious owner added the option when the truck did not have them originally

Either way doesnt matter, you have them now and the dealer has no right to disable them so take it all the way to court if you have too.
court?? He would get torn apart. Lol he didnt answer or show any pictures to us. A Chrysler power lawyer would shred him and make him reimburse their court fees lol

Hatchet Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Heavy Duty
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just curious... Does your build sheet show the power fold option (the OP's unfortunately doesn't, hence the dealer problems).

http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

copy the above link and then paste into a web browser address bar, add your vin# to the end (no spaces), after the "=" hit Enter.

AS a comparison here's a snip of my 18 1500 build sheet (STD size Laramie power fold mirrors)

866de5a35d4f50955ae27fe284364d77.jpg

M² Mods.

Sorry for the delay, but yes, my build sheet showed the following regarding side mirrors -

• Mirrors-Tow Pwr Adj/Fold/Heat Black
  • Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Black MIC Exterior Mirrors

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added power folding mirrors to my 2014 Ram 1500, had to buy the mirrors, both door modules, the driver door switch, and the ObdGenie plug in device. So if I take my truck, which I purchased new in 02/14, back to the dealer for a recall, there is the possibility that they could disable my power folding mirrors? That would truly **** me off, as I have to pull my mirrors in when I pull into my garage every time. Would I be able to reflash with the ObdGenie and enable them again?
Yes it would remove the codes if the dealer flashed your truck with any updates. It does it automatically and there is no way for the dealer to enable codes that aren't in your options list so they will not be able to put it back. All you would need to do is re enable the codes with the Genie you currently have or use the Alfa tool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk