Clayton lower control arms on. Pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t wait for Christmas so I can get mine

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I didn't have feedback as I was waiting for the drive to dinner. I noticed and the wife as well. Turning corner, it hugs much better now. On freeway wife made a comment "can't remember last time it was this smooth". Had it up to 85mph. Smooth. It is overall a pinch firmer. I'd say 1 notch if that makes sense. Just a pinch. As far as I am concerned the rear end is done. I am happy.

When the bolts were torqued down, the drivers side the torque wrench was used to get it to 190lbs (few turns). But, the passenger side seem to already be at 190bs from impact gun. Should I loosen that side and re-torque incase I torqued them to much? Thoughts? Other than that. Thank you to everyone who had input and recommended. Very happy!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For peace of mind I would loosen and retighten to spec with a torque wrench.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I wish there was a shootout between all the control arm options. These look nice but so do the Core versions, and those can be ordered in different paint colors.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish there was a shootout between all the control arm options. These look nice but so do the Core versions, and those can be ordered in different paint colors.
We have many options to choose from when it comes to rear control arms and panhards since we can make use of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator aftermarket when it comes to those parts. We have around 15 different options when it comes to control arms alone maybe more if we count everything new the aftermarket may have introduced since the last couple of months. Core is still the only ones coloring their arms so that makes them a great option for those looking to match their truck color not counting you can order them with JJ's on both sides for max offroad performance.

What makes this particular version of Clayton arms attractive in our case is their free maintenance Giiro bushings that are self centering, and the bushings can take factory torque, so installing these arms is literally as easy as installing the stockers, take your stockers off, adjust lenght on the Claytons to match your factory ones then replace, torque them down to factory specs as the bushing can take all that crazy torque with ease, plus the bushings are fully sealed so mud dirt snow etc, won't contaminate them and they can flex almost as a good a JJ. Convenient option for those leaving in the salt belt or simply want the convenience of a set it and forget it type bushing. The arms are massive compared to stockers and I have tested I can rest all 6200lbs of truck weigh in one of the lowers while doing offroad hahaha.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I did like that option of color choices on core4x4. Clayton offered a nice first responder/Military discount along with Giiro bushings which sealed the deal.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
We have many options to choose from when it comes to rear control arms and panhards since we can make use of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator aftermarket when it comes to those parts. We have around 15 different options when it comes to control arms alone maybe more if we count everything new the aftermarket may have introduced since the last couple of months. Core is still the only ones coloring their arms so that makes them a great option for those looking to match their truck color not counting you can order them with JJ's on both sides for max offroad performance.

What makes this particular version of Clayton arms attractive in our case is their free maintenance Giiro bushings that are self centering, and the bushings can take factory torque, so installing these arms is literally as easy as installing the stockers, take your stockers off, adjust lenght on the Claytons to match your factory ones then replace, torque them down to factory specs as the bushing can take all that crazy torque with ease, plus the bushings are fully sealed so mud dirt snow etc, won't contaminate them and they can flex almost as a good a JJ. Convenient option for those leaving in the salt belt or simply want the convenience of a set it and forget it type bushing. The arms are massive compared to stockers and I have tested I can rest all 6200lbs of truck weigh in one of the lowers while doing offroad hahaha.
Agreed, very happy with my purchase.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I guess I could either paint them myself, or have them powder coated any color too. Just adds to the cost for powder coating. Maybe Clayton should offer a painted option ;)

Clayton lower control arms are on. Hard part is drilling and tapping for e-brake bracket. I lined them up using the factory bolt per picture. I torqued them to 190lbs. Impact gun did most of that work thankfully. The adjustment gold nut, I used lock tight. All done!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-overland-short-rear-lower-control-arms-2020-jt

View attachment 218033

View attachment 218034

View attachment 218035

what did you use for a tap? size tap plz

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Thanks. I do have a buddy that works for a powder coater. I might get a deal on it.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do both the upper and lowers fit? Or just the lowers? At the price I might buy both. Thanks for the review.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Do both the upper and lowers fit? Or just the lowers? At the price I might buy both. Thanks for the review.

You're welcome.
Ram1500rsm might be better to answer that question. I only did the lowers as I read those are for better handling.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Checked torque specs. I see the torque wrench has inch lbs and neutron. So.... inch lbs max on my wrench is 150lbs
I wonder how many others made this error or just me. lol

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ordered a full set after reading that other posting. Man I can’t wait! Color choices would be cool but stealth black is nice. I’m tired of the wheel hop, not even gnarly burnouts. Getting squirrelly off road can get interesting sometimes.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I ordered a full set after reading that other posting. Man I can’t wait! Color choices would be cool but stealth black is nice. I’m tired of the wheel hop, not even gnarly burnouts. Getting squirrelly off road can get interesting sometimes.

Post back after. You will be happy.