Clicking from Engine After turning it off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sledgep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I turn the key off, remove it, then I hear a clicking sound coming from the front top of the engine, sounds like the solenoid right infront were the air comes into the engine.

Does not do it while running.

Thank you, is it safe to drive to the dealer?

2015 RAM 1500 CrewCab 5.7

OP
OP
S

sledgep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick update. I took it my Dealer, they are saying its very odd. But when hooked up the computer its running about 12 codes, that all seem to be power related. The bad thing is its not in warranty, but only 60k miles.

OP
OP
S

sledgep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: Just picked it up from the dealer today.
So the clicking was from the AC solenoid, it had a short. Found out it was all due to corrosion in the main wire harness that goes into the PCM, after they fixed the plug, they found the main PCM was corroded as well, and had to replace that.

So just a PSA if anyone has an early 4th Gen, check your main harness plug and PCM it appears it may not be water tight and or prone to corrosion, technician stated, it had to be about a year for it to be that bad.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
That stinks but at least they found it, sometimes electrical issues can be a nightmare.