Code PO750 Limp Mode Shift Solenoid A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayesijuan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got code on way back from Shreveport. Stopped by the side of the road to rest and left motor on. When I took off again I was in "Limp Mode", only have 2nd and 3rd gear. It will go to normal for awhile after being off for awhile but then will drop back after a few miles. Tried clearing code and even disconnecting battery to no avail.

My question: Which one is Shift solenoid A and can I replace just the solenoid or do I have to replace the whole solenoid pack?

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
P0750 L/R Solenoid Circuit

You cannot replace just one of the solenoids. All of the solenoids are contained inside the solenoid pack.

I would check your wiring harness around the trans and make sure the connector is clean and free or corrosion and debris.

If everything looks good with the wiring and the solenoid connector it's time to drop the pan and the valve body to replace the solenoid assembly.

Don't let it scare you if you don't have this kind of experience. It seems intimidating but with some basic hand tools and some patience you can handle the job.

For your own reference, download the 2006 or 2008 Ram Factory Service Manual and you can find the step by step diagnostics and the steps for removal and replacement.

The Factory Service Manuals are located in the 3rd Gen DIY forum if I remember correctly.