Convince me why i shouldnt buy it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running boards are more important than most people give credit. They can save your paint, and save your driver's side seat foam. There'a thick 'bar' (for lack of a better term) that goes around the seat under the foam. People slide in and out and it pinches the foam on that bar. Eventually it wears out the side of the foam and the seat cover. If you look at a lot of these Rams' you'll see damaged drivers-side seat foam/covers.

So, if you have good running boards and train yourself how to get in and out putting the least 'wear' on the seat edge, the seat will look good for a long time. I know, because thats how my truck was when I got it. I bought a new foam and seat cover from Mopar.... Now I'm in the hunt for the right running boards.

Unlike a 4x4, you can probably lift the front of yours w/o wearing the front end as much. That's one nice thing about a 2wd.

Happy motoring!!!
I’m pushing 60 and don’t need anymore reminders of how old I am. I’ll replace a 1000 seat cushions before running boards! Lol

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m pushing 60 and don’t need anymore reminders of how old I am. I’ll replace a 1000 seat cushions before running boards! Lol

You sound type a lot younger he he!! :)

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Running boards are more important than most people give credit

+100. Especially in snow country, man I can't tell you how often I hear all that crud slamming up against my running boards and how little ends up hitting my door now. Mudflaps would work better but I just don't like the looks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Running boards are more important than most people give credit. They can save your paint, and save your driver's side seat foam. There'a thick 'bar' (for lack of a better term) that goes around the seat under the foam. People slide in and out and it pinches the foam on that bar. Eventually it wears out the side of the foam and the seat cover. If you look at a lot of these Rams' you'll see damaged drivers-side seat foam/covers.

So, if you have good running boards and train yourself how to get in and out putting the least 'wear' on the seat edge, the seat will look good for a long time. I know, because thats how my truck was when I got it. I bought a new foam and seat cover from Mopar.... Now I'm in the hunt for the right running boards.

Unlike a 4x4, you can probably lift the front of yours w/o wearing the front end as much. That's one nice thing about a 2wd.

Happy motoring!!!
Yeep on everything .... I've seen newer trucks with that seam all crapped out or torn up with holes ..mine is just like new ..

On the 2wd lift kit, Maxtrac lift kits are the way to go ... so much cheaper to lift these ...