Cybertruck vs RAM 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Whether Elon is a genius or not is debatable. He is a pretty good salesman though. Is the product as good as he says maybe maybe not but he is still selling a lot of them.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You got a lot to learn about humans and societies, is all I got to say. Many here have decades of experiences with leading orgs. You'd do well to listen instead of bomb throwing.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
As for (being nice) I always try to treat people with respect until they are no longer deserving of it. Some people have their own agenda and everyone has their own opinions. If you treat me with respect I will do the same. If you don’t all bets are off and you will reap the wrath of a crabby old man.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
There’s a reason that I don’t facebook or instagram other than I’m not that good at computer stuff. To many morons and tinfoil hats left or right neither side has the monopoly on idiots

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
...and here I was thinking we were gonna rein in the thread drift. LOL Let's bring this back to the OP's topic, thanks.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Evs have to be charged somehow in Alberta we use natural gas now since our former ndp government decided to change our state of the art coal fired plants to gas. So it’s still powered by fossil fuel but now the coal is shipped to china to burn in their not so efficient plants. Evs probably have their place but it’s not in my driveway

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In the modern political/social environment, not everyone is "playing by the rules". When you play a game and follow the rules against someone you know is cheating, you are only ensuring your own defeat.

In this forum, we are polite (for the most part) and "play by the rules", thus and so we don't have to try to push the bounds of decency as you might have to in other contexts.

There are no rules when trying to convince another person of something you hold true. You either convince them or you don't. It's simply a function of how humans behave, and how we react when presented with aggressive and off color tones. If you want them to walk away or fight back, yell/verbally assault them, call them names, tell them to get lost etc. But if you want to change their mind, talk to them as an adult and use facts and reasonable (or even emotional) arguments.

He could have calmly just said (for example): "Disney is trying to blackmail me with money, that doesn't work on me." But now of course his detractors have even more ammunition against him.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
...and here I was thinking we were gonna rein in the thread drift. LOL Let's bring this back to the OP's topic, thanks.

My bad, feel free to delete my latest post (read yours after posting mine).

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
The coal is too valuable to leave it in the ground. It will be mined

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Electric is a much better option for towing, maintenence, and performance by any benchmark. However, if you need to tow something long distance, it is the suck. Electric motors have all of there torque from 1 to 1000 rpms. There is no reason, other than suspension, it will also be vastly superrior off road as lone as the electrical components are protected from water. The test between the two will be the suspension. BTW, 2500 series suck for off road. Too heavy. Better off with a 1500 with a beefed up suspension and steering components. Cheaper too if you just have to trash something. Weight and wheel base are the biggest reasons Jeeps do much better off road than full size trucks.

Electric is the future. And they are here now and here to stay. For 90 percent of drivers, the money they will save in gas, oil changes and maintenence alone will cover the cost of insurance. It does not matter on which platform either. Trucks, full size sedans, compacts, 18 wheelers, delevery vans. Amazon is converting ALL of their suburban delevery vehicals to electric. The money they save in fuel and maintenece is astrinomical on a dailey basis. Cruise ships, trains, and city busses are mostly disel electric. Meaning an electric motor powered by a disel engine.

Dodge is dumping the big supercharged engines for AWD electric. Why? because they are going to be faster than anything you can put gas in. Tesla beat the 2018 Demon with one. That is why Dodge made the Demon170. The Tesla did 0 to 60 in 1.9. The 2018 Demon was only 2.3. The Demon170, which was its goal, 1.70, does 1.6. If you roll up next to a Tesla plaid, just let it roll away from you quietly. It will be less embarasing than being walked by a 4 door suv.

if you do not need to do long distance hauling, electric is the way to go for maximum performance in any benchmark. If you do, buy a disel.
The Tesla Plaid is only good for about 2 passes at full power before it starts to fall off and needs recharging.Both Demons will make as many passes as you want,and you can buy fuel for them at most tracks,i don't know of 1 track that has a fast charger,so you can charge your Plaid up and make it to the 3rd round of racing. Sure the Plaids are fast,but they're fast only for about 2 passes.Run that same Plaid on the street 3 times in a row,and the Demons are starting to take it,by the 4th light my wifes naturally aspirated 1320 is beating the Plaid,lol.
There's a reason you don't see EV's racing,they won't make it through a day of racing with-out needing a charge.
Throw in the fact alot of tracks won't let the EV's run now,as the insurance companies have big price increases if EV's are racing

Last edited:

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
You can talk nice to somebody nicely but that doesn’t mean you are going to change their minds. Some people just don’t want to believe the facts because they have their own.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
So why is their semi-truck so much better? Tough to get past the marketers and agendists to facts. From what I've read (retired engineer and scientist), the thin film, dry cell battery will provide the solution IF: it can be manufactured and charged cost effectively, and grid infrastructure is finally built. My sons are working on this mfg. technology now.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
When was the last time you took your truck to the race track. 0-60 times are kind of useless in the real world other than merging on to the highway. This is a truck forum electric car is sh€+ useless to me electric truck same thing. The charging stations are few and far between in Canada or Alberta at least and I haven’t seen one on the forestry trunk road in Alberta and that’s a road that sees a lot of traffic in the summer for camping and such.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Works great in California where it’s warm all the time. I wonder how it would work in Alberta at -30. And 450 miles is a long haul? And after all the construction that they had to do would have to be taken in to account. So I’m not 100% convinced that it saves money but good on them for trying

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Hey 93 in Alberta hwy 40 Alberta beautiful driving but not a whole lot of gas stations and no charging stations last time I was on them

Native Texan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Man y'all just hate attempts at progress don't you? Best time to push forward with alternative energy was 30 years ago, second best time is now.
I haven't read the thread beyond this post on Thursday, 11/30. We are some 20 or more years into the 'next' attempt at 'progress' with electric cars. Which have been tried multiple times since they died in the early 20th century. This isn't some newfangled attempt, just extending the attempt to another platform. The 'state of the art' after some 20 years is almost no progress with the concept. It works for a few folks that get subsidies from all over, including no road tax. It doesn't work and probably will never work for the vast majority of Americans. We would have to double or triple the electric grid to accommodate them, beyond all the other problems.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't read the thread beyond this post on Thursday, 11/30. We are some 20 or more years into the 'next' attempt at 'progress' with electric cars. Which have been tried multiple times since they died in the early 20th century. This isn't some newfangled attempt, just extending the attempt to another platform. The 'state of the art' after some 20 years is almost no progress with the concept. It works for a few folks that get subsidies from all over, including no road tax. It doesn't work and probably will never work for the vast majority of Americans. We would have to double or triple the electric grid to accommodate them, beyond all the other problems.
That's a long way to say I'm right about your feelings on progress.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Is this a contest? Who wins? A trophy? Who cares who is "right". This Forum is for sharing information and experience, it is not a psychological clinic. Stick to the topic. Don't turn this into BITOG.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hard enuf having ERCOT managing the Grid in TX, lol. Wonder what demands and warnings we are gonna get this winter, lol.

Can you even imagine say 10% of Texans plugging in with high rate chargers on the grid? lol... Considering there are over 20 million vehicles registered in TX.

Yeah, that not work in TX.

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a contest? Who wins? A trophy? Who cares who is "right". This Forum is for sharing information and experience, it is not a psychological clinic. Stick to the topic. Don't turn this into BITOG.
This thread is a collection of users who would never ever ever buy an EV who are debating on the merits of EVs. It's pointless from the get-go.