Dead Battery and good sam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Jumped in my 2014 1500 after work last night and she was dead. Lights flickering on the cluster, all warning lights on, what a nightmare. I get out and put the hood up, a truck pulls up and asks me if I need some help. I said sure, if you have some cables. Like a fool I hadn’t put any cables in my truck. So he lines up his truck and gets the cables, half the clip on the negative cable was missing. I told the guy thanks but his cables wouldn’t work. He insists on going to the auto parts store and buying new cables. I insisted that he did not, as I was in the parking lot of my job I could have went in and got cables from one of my employees. He would not take no for an answer. He goes and buys brand new cables and we jump my truck. I manage a restaurant and told him that I would buy his dinner if he wanted to eat. He drives a 98-99 Silverado, I had seen him in the restaurant before and had chatted with him. He turned it around and couldn’t stop thanking me. I went to advance auto which is right behind my restaurant and they always order food and I treat them right. They tested my battery, talked about the lunch they picked up the day before and how good it was and set me up with a diehard gold, 20% off, put the battery in and had me on my way, for $149 and change. Also told me it was the original battery as they see them all the time from the Dodge dealer across the road. It may be my imagination but when I got on the road on my way home everything seemed brighter, lol. Anyway, sorry for the long post, but wanted to share my story, in this day of complaining and selfishness I don’t see the kindness that was shown to me very often and it’s good to be reminded there are still good people. I want to say thanks to Jim for going above and beyond in helping me, a stranger, and the guys at advance for also going above and beyond their normal job.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Cool story,thanks for sharing with us!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Very cool story! I agree today many are willing to grip about anything but do not take the time to say a good word ! Amazing how kindness works if people would do it :)

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excellent result. It always feels good to help others in need. Glad everything worked out for you.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I boost lots of people and some want to pay you and my response is buy cables and help some one else

In Moab one year a guy comes up and says you are from Canada so you will have cables
I chuckled and gave him a boost

OP
OP
Villalobos

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Haha, I have cables, got my truck in July and never thought to transfer from my other ride, got home and put those, my tool kit and ice scraper in the Ram lol. Thinking about getting one of those portable battery packs.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great Story, I needed some good news that there are some nice generous people out there when you need them, the old saying one good turn deserves another, kind of like a guardian angle!!! for sure get some 1gage jumper cable, or a power jumper unit.