Dealership Experience 8.4 Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cainsable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my 2015 is at the shop having the rear differential rebuilt. No worries there, as it was under warranty and they were happy to help. But wouldn't you know it, while going through the paces I suppose they discovered I had some sort of update for my GPS. While installing the update it seems my radio was bricked. Now I am waiting for a replacement before I can get my truck back. Good times.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Just love it when unsolicited help makes a non problem worse than a known Problem.
Not unlike when you Toddler helps you do anything...but these guy are supposed to be the Professionals.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So my 2015 is at the shop having the rear differential rebuilt. No worries there, as it was under warranty and they were happy to help. But wouldn't you know it, while going through the paces I suppose they discovered I had some sort of update for my GPS. While installing the update it seems my radio was bricked. Now I am waiting for a replacement before I can get my truck back. Good times.
Hi Cainsable, We sincerely regret to hear of your trouble. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your RAM is in service, we are just a PM away.
Rob
RamCares

OP
OP
C

Cainsable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told they will be ordering the radio today, and that hopefully I'll have my truck back sometime next week. Seems strange that it takes so long to get parts that they have to say hopefully they will have it done next week. I am glad they are fixing it, but they have had my truck since jan 20. I dropped it off the night of the 19th.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was told they will be ordering the radio today, and that hopefully I'll have my truck back sometime next week. Seems strange that it takes so long to get parts that they have to say hopefully they will have it done next week. I am glad they are fixing it, but they have had my truck since jan 20. I dropped it off the night of the 19th.
No charge for the radio replacement? I assume the diff work was under the powertrain warranty.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Look around. It's the same with everything. Takes forever to get parts. Your time and convenience is not of fca concern. They could careless how it affects us getting our vehicles fixed.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Look around. It's the same with everything. Takes forever to get parts. Your time and convenience is not of fca concern. They could careless how it affects us getting our vehicles fixed.

It's not just FCA. It's commonplace anymore. Business' don't want to stock parts and have their money *******.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not just FCA. It's commonplace anymore. Business' don't want to stock parts and have their money *******.

That's true, I was picking up dinner for us last night and it was a long wait for what it was. As soon as I got the food though I was greeted by a nice lately who apologized about the wait. It had been so long since someone offered an apology for slow or bad service that I was completely caught off guard by it and it totally took any frustration (not much) away.

It shouldn't be that rare but last night made me realize how much things have changed since I worked at jobs I didn't like.

Ckck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. I too have a “15”. It’s CTD 4x4 Big Horn. Is this radio/gps issue commonplace? I’ve not had mine updated and I believe it’s the original product and software. RAM guys, what should I be looking for and/or doing?

regards, chris

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just got my truck back after exactly a month in the shop to rebuild the tranny (for the 2nd time). Waiting for parts to be gathered and shipped was by far the bulk of that time. From what the service guy said, he ordered them and thought they were on the way only to find out FCA was out of stock so they had to chase them down at another dealer. Dealer also had to sit on hold with FCA for hours to get the repair approved with my Maxcare warranty. Yeah, it seems like they could sure streamline things a bit with better communication between dealers and FCA.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Y’all do realize the amount of space it would take to stock all the parts it would take to completely rebuild one of these vehicles from bumper to bumper. Much less covering a 5 year span and all the different models and options. It’s aggravating when the part you need is the one they don’t have. They can not ship out each individual part separately either. It’s cost prohibitive. I just hope I can be as understanding and obligable when it’s my turn to wait.

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6

That right there is a bunch of horse ****!!!
if you are in the business of selling parts, replacing parts, warranteeing (is that even a word lol) parts....... said business should be stocking plenty of parts.... there are always plenty of cars to look at for purchase..... but always with the wait wait wait..... happens all the time at the major parts stores as well......

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I just got my truck back after exactly a month in the shop to rebuild the tranny (for the 2nd time). Waiting for parts to be gathered and shipped was by far the bulk of that time. From what the service guy said, he ordered them and thought they were on the way only to find out FCA was out of stock so they had to chase them down at another dealer. Dealer also had to sit on hold with FCA for hours to get the repair approved with my Maxcare warranty. Yeah, it seems like they could sure streamline things a bit with better communication between dealers and FCA.

Now that right there is a GOT DAMN shame......
I bought my 2004 with 25,000 miles on it.....i am now at 219,400 and have never ever touched the transmission.... never changed fluid or filter......a lot of those miles are highway however they are highway while pulling my work trailers..... 14 ft closed trailer and my 10 ft dump trailer rated at 7500 pounds and 10,000 pounds respectively. Same with the motor...... no hemi tick runs and idles smooth as silk. But the tranny is the big thing... i will never ever change or flush a transmission that has had that many miles on it with no problems.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks for the update Cainsable! Feel free to let us know via private message if you need any additional assistance during your serves process.
Rob
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi. I too have a “15”. It’s CTD 4x4 Big Horn. Is this radio/gps issue commonplace? I’ve not had mine updated and I believe it’s the original product and software. RAM guys, what should I be looking for and/or doing?

regards, chris
Hi Ckck, I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
Rob
RamCares