Delay on new truck delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got mine shipped and delivered to the dealership on Friday. I ordered April 28th, it was built August 3, and finally showed shipped Oct 16th. Others have also gotten their trucks before me that ordered after me - I think with more options the longer it takes, and this is my observation. I thought mine would have been shipped and arrived at the dealer in mid Oct. I see out here some that are waiting longer than I. I have an acquaintance that's been waiting for a Ford 2500 diesel for over a year (ordered Oct 21). My truck took from order to delivery 6 months...not the best or worst, but I do get what I exactly wanted.

@68PowerWagon I'm surprised yours hasn't shipped. Once my truck was shipped - as @P B Casterlin stated when I asked - it arrived in "3 weeks." I hope to have it here in two weeks from Monday. I should have everything finalized on its purchase the in first couple of days next week.

lat1504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V 10
Why would they assemble a truck that did not have all the parts on it, they would have to have a very large parking area full of unfinished trucks.
Sure all it would need would be a CPU & some programming to send the truck to the body vendor

It does not make sense to build it & then have to tow it or move it by hand over to the Holding area.
Then when the parts are available, they would have to pull or push the truck to a special assembly area, to install the missing equipment.
It's not a computer program issue or a diesel issue , I have 6.4 gas ordered it was built 8/17 was scheduled for delivery 10/15 then 10/ 6 , on 10/5 went TBD and no response since then

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
as of right now ..
They are not building 2023 Ram 1500 new body style ( 5th Generation )
They are still building the same model, but as a 2022 Ram,
I would not look for any 2023, ( 5th Gen ) until late December or sometime in January, maybe even later.

As for as the rest of the Ram Fleet, they are being built & put in Storage until they receive computer chips.

There are close to 100 computer chips used in each fancy model Ram
The Tradesman takes less chips

lat1504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V 10
There was something said about sending additional rail cars to Mexico to expedite shipping, has anyone heard this or know if it is happening

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
There was something said about sending additional rail cars to Mexico to expedite shipping, has anyone heard this or know if it is happening
First I have heard about this. would be nice though.

lat1504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V 10
That is quite the BS story, maybe some will believe it

Every one of the Ram Plants, Warren & Sterling Heights Michigan & Saltillo Mexico all load the freight cars right on the property.
Even the Body Vendors building is on the property in Saltillo Mexico & Sterling Heights Michigan.
At the Warren Michigan Plant, the Body Vendor has its shop 8 miles from Plant, the Rams built at the Warren Plant are trucked to the Body Vendor & then trucked back to the Plant to be loaded on a freight car

here is a crazy fact
Stellantis manufactured 37,443 vehicles in Mexico during July 2022
Stella tis posted record HD RAM sales in Oct. But that was in Brazil, so my thought is most of their resources are be being directed in that direction and the US is secondary at this point

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yesterday I drove by the dealership that i use.
I was on the Freeway & the dealership is on the other side of the Freeway fence.
Where they normally park the Heavy Duty Rams, 2500 & 3500 models, that area was full.
Of course at 65 MPH, i could not see if they were all 2022 Rams
The area where they park the 1500s, looked like they had more vehicles on it, then they did a few weeks ago.

Possibly, the Ram Assembly Plants are finally catching up on the back orders.
That will help the dealerships out, at least in the sales Dept.

lat1504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V 10
This recall creating a no sell condition is going to really mess things up for all the diesel vehicles , they have even been pulled from selling inventory of dealers

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This recall creating a no sell condition is going to really mess things up for all the diesel vehicles , they have even been pulled from selling inventory of dealers

I wonder if this is why some trucks that have been built & still not shipped are sitting in storage in at the assembly plant...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL
Ford 2022 pickups are catching fire, even when they have not been running, something to do with the HVAC fan
Then the driveshaft are fracturing
Ford has announced the recall of more than 58,000 F-150 pickup trucks from the 2021 and 2022 model years because the driveshaft may be damaged by loose parts. Heat and noise insulation panels could come loose, which could fracture the aluminum driveshaft and cause the truck to lose power, or the driveshaft could come in contact with the ground and cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. In addition, if the driver parks the F-150 without using the parking brake, the truck could roll away.

Remember those EX Ram owners ?
the ones who left to buy a new Ford ?
:)

Digital Rogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My 2500 finished assembly on August 12 and is sitting in Mexico ever since. RAM executive staff should be fired......

Digital Rogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My 2500 finished assembly on August 12 and is sitting in Mexico waiting to ship ever since. RAM executive staff should be fired.....

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I finally got mine shipped and delivered to the dealership on Friday. I ordered April 28th, it was built August 3, and finally showed shipped Oct 16th. Others have also gotten their trucks before me that ordered after me - I think with more options the longer it takes, and this is my observation. I thought mine would have been shipped and arrived at the dealer in mid Oct. I see out here some that are waiting longer than I. I have an acquaintance that's been waiting for a Ford 2500 diesel for over a year (ordered Oct 21). My truck took from order to delivery 6 months...not the best or worst, but I do get what I exactly wanted.

@68PowerWagon I'm surprised yours hasn't shipped. Once my truck was shipped - as @P B Casterlin stated when I asked - it arrived in "3 weeks." I hope to have it here in two weeks from Monday. I should have everything finalized on its purchase the in first couple of days next week.
Did you get the 5th wheel prep package? Might be something else, but so far that is the only common denominator that I can find. Dealers & people without prep packages are getting theirs quicker.

mkhaydn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Little update I ordered a 3500 HO Oct 2021 built March 2022 took delivery Nov 11 2022. The dealer heard that the stock trucks HD where pushed in front of the completed custom ones pushing them back farther down the line. He question the factory why he was getting stock trucks and not his custom built ones. The dealer has been great and had the best price in the country ...Yellowstone Country Motors , Montana

Rcta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Now that mine shipped, I was told it can't leave the dealership due to the fire recall and they don't know when the fix will come out

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Now that mine shipped, I was told it can't leave the dealership due to the fire recall and they don't know when the fix will come out
If your truck has the 68 RFE auto trans then its for the ZA3 recall see attached

Attachments

• ZA3 REcall.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 2

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah me to! Took over 10 months to get to the dealer, now it's going to sit for another 2 or 3 months until they figure out a fix! The new smell will be all gone! :confused:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well I made the mistake of driving over to the dealership to look at my truck. How depressing! It looks about the way I expected since it has been sitting in the desert since June. Filthy dirty, which I understand. Not much point in having it detailed since it's going to sit for a few more months in the snow & ice. But what really bothered me is there are fine scratches all over it from God only knows what. Besides that all of the plastic trim is sun baked & faded. I am sure most of this can be rectified with a proper detailing but I am not sure I want to take ownership of this thing now. Especially not for a new truck price!

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bummer. Maybe see if they'll detail it out so you can make the decision?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get the 5th wheel prep package? Might be something else, but so far that is the only common denominator that I can find. Dealers & people without prep packages are getting theirs quicker.
I agree with your statement, and it was also my observations. I did get the 5th wheel package and the bed package. I think those two options made mine take longer.

Has yours arrived?

Merry Christmas.