Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Delete trade in value

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Eco Diesels' started by Thomas46, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Thomas46

Thomas46 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Eco diesel
    Thinking about trading in my deleted 2014 Eco Diesel. Just wondering what to expect as far as my delete is concerned. Does anyone have experience with this as far as trade in value ?

2. tidefan1967

tidefan1967 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    A lot of factory dealers won't touch a deleted truck since its illegal. Hard to say in MS though probably like SC with no state inspection you might be able to trade it off to a small rural dealership without too much problem. Your best bet is a private sale then you don't have to worry about it and it actually might be a benefit that the new owner doesn't have to worry about the emission crap either.

3. Kapt

Kapt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3L
    If a dealership takes it, the trade in value goes way down due to the deletions

4. LouM

LouM Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab
    Engine:
    eco diesel
    That will depend on the dealership and how close they check over the truck.
    I'm not saying lie to them but if I'm trading in a truck I might not offer any info that could lower the trade in value.
    If asked I wouldn't lie but I wouldn't volunteer any info that would negatively affect the price.

5. woofie2

woofie2 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 v6
    Other than super obvious/critical information (aka starter switch not working) I offer no information upfront about modifications during trade in, then answer honestly about any direct questions, 90% of dealers look at cosmetic, warning lights and a quick glance and fluid levels, (wheel bearings out, brakes worn badly, even bald tires, they typically overlook)
    A friend traded his mini cooper in with half the CVT bands missing(they came out in the transmission fluid change) 1, 2, 3 not it! (the car was sitting on the side of the road 2 weeks later we can only guess what happened on the test drive)
    I traded in my golf, they had to come ask me how to start it...:D the ignition switch start position was out for the 4th time, needed exhaust work and was due for full fluid changes.

6. FCAEMPLOYEE

FCAEMPLOYEE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Private sale would be my advice