Detail advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys me and my dad is looking into detailing our collection of vehicles pretty soon. We have been looking at getting either the Adams polishes or the Fukken Wax. But we're having trouble picking out what we want or need. What is your guys advice on what to buy and use? Any and all help is appreciated. The vehicles are a white 2012 ram, black 2011 Gmc terrain, black 2010 srt8 challenger, red 2014 jeep, and a freshly painted red 1991 silverado. Hopefully the colors we have will help out with what we need.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Compounds and polishes are totally different from Fukken.

Compounds and polishes remove swirls and light scratches which are physical imperfections in the clear coat paint.

Fukken is just a waterless wash/spray wax.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I should also ask how detailed are you going to get with the detail?
Just a good wash and wax or actual paint correction?

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wash and was on the ram, jeep, and challenger. The gmc and silverado will need the most. The silverado will need paint correction. The gmc will need some minor corrections. We are wanting to get them show room quality after this winter gets over with.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Yeah, your best bet is to get them spiffied up with Adams. Use Fukken as your go between! ;)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Adams products have a good following here on this site as they are a sponsor and have a vocal following. I suggest for an unbias opinion of detailer products you go to a couple of professional detailer sites and read about the different products that are available. Autogeek and autopia are a couple of sites that have a wealth of information. Once you have the digested all the information, you can make your own decision without 50 people telling you to buy this or that because it's the best, cheapest, last the longest and almost goes on by itself. We all think we use the best stuff-----
Jay

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adams products have a good following here on this site as they are a sponsor and have a vocal following. I suggest for an unbias opinion of detailer products you go to a couple of professional detailer sites and read about the different products that are available. Autogeek and autopia are a couple of sites that have a wealth of information. Once you have the digested all the information, you can make your own decision without 50 people telling you to buy this or that because it's the best, cheapest, last the longest and almost goes on by itself. We all think we use the best stuff-----
Jay

Exactly!!!!!!!!!