Diablosport P2 platinum heads up RANT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of these issues are related to impatience and not updating to the latest firmware properly from a PC.

Regarding modifying a tune, it needs to be uploaded canned or custom first before you can change parameters as long as your TCM accepts revision.(On the Intune 3 at least)

if you read my first post there was plenty of patience, plenty of updates and plenty of phone calls.. AND not according to the tech support.. tune is modified first THEN uploaded to the vehicle and again THEY told me on my FINAL CALL to them that it would not adjust the fan without a custom tune installed.. this is the Predator P2 Platinum 7320 model... so YES maybe its different from the more expensive intune 3

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know how many times I can say it...

before purchasing I reached out to HEMIFEVER multiple times via not only facebook but their web page contact form
I did not receive a response!!!!!

I dealt with Sean before and was happy with my SCT tuner for my 1997 SS/T which is why I tried to contact them
ALSO
I have had diablosport products in the past with no problems BUT this was before Holley Performance took them over
in 2014..

its not like I didn't try

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was not throwing rocks at you, I'm sorry if you got that impression, I was making a generalized statement. I'm not sure why Sean did not respond to your calls, that has not been my experience with him for the last 5 years or so. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I guess **** happens sometimes.
Jay

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Interesting, what made you go with the predator as it’s basically the same price as the Intune 3 Platinum?

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting, what made you go with the predator as it’s basically the same price as the Intune 3 Platinum?

the main reason I bought the damn thing was for fan adjustability I have the V6 fan with 180° thermostat and wanted to lower the turn on and turn off temps across the board... for the most part as I said the CANNED economy tune is all I need... im not looking for gobs of horsepower im looking to maximize fuel economy on the 87 octane..

a few years back when I got the SCT from hemifever for my 97 SST all I ever ran was his economy tune on 87 and I picked up 2 MPG across the board and that's why I tried to contact him to make a purchase... didn't hear back so I went with an off the shelf unit
WHICH WAS A MISTAKE!!!

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI
this was my review which was removed by diablosport which according to them " contains inappropriate content "

I guess " SUCKS BIG TIME " is inappropriate content to them

this item SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

first off out of the box it DID NOT WORK!!! took a few phone calls and online updates just to get it to function to top that off when you look at the features on diablosports web page for the 7320 it states :" ADJUST FAN " well come to find out NO YOU CANT adjust the fan settings with this item UNLESS you pay for a CMR tune.. it should state that under the features but it does not.. when i inquired a few weeks before purchasing was told oh yeah you can adjust it.. this was the main reason i bought the 7320.. i received it at 1pm and by 3:30pm same day its on the way back to the company i bought it from.. NEVER AGAIN DIABLOSPORT... NEVER AGAIN

Erikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased the I3 for my 14 6.4 2500 earlier this year. It loaded after update but didn’t do the one thing I purchased it to do: raise my idle rpm. Said it did but idle rpm never changed. Tech support was poor and only during business hours back east. They emailed me 2 custom tunes that didn’t work either. I finally gave up and drove to the local dealership to uninstall it and send it back. Parked right outside the service Department so I wouldn’t have to pay for a tow if I had problems. (I’ve had problems in the past that bricked my pcm)
I proceeded to uninstall it and even began the tech support call ahead of time just in case. I followed all the electronics safety procedures to a tee and sure enough it would only go to 99% then fail. Tech support was no help. Bricked pcm. Diablo said dealership couldn’t help me so I had to send them my pcm and tuner. I talked to tech at dealership and he had his doubts but tried anyway. It worked and I now have most current software on my truck, $135 later.
I returned the pos and will never venture down that road again. I’m happy with how my truck runs and the power. If you want to turn things up then put the $ down and do it right with Fever or Green and upgraded parts, that’s my advice.