Diesel tailpipe on 2021 6.4 Hemi Pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
So for the response about what exhaust i bought.....just look for same year range as truck u have but in the diesel tailpipe...it will be essentially the DEF filter back system. I knew someone who had mine but it was from a 12' which u really don't want because rear suspension is different and hence exhaust tailpipe has a slightyl different bend over the axle. But i got mine cheap so didn't care and just cut my resonator off and modified the diesel tailpipe piece with tip. If u are a self doer its not hard.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Pawrk! post a underneath pic if you can, did you cut old exhaust right after the muffler? Or after axle before resonator?

OP
OP
P

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I cut the tailpipe directly after the resonator. See pic of where I cut and also what it now looks like underneath.

20210603_173531.jpg

20210603_173240.jpg

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, That's what I thought, I would call that before the resonator when it comes to exhaust flow. I'll post a pic of what I done later today.

OP
OP
P

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
So an update about how my truck sounds when towing. I towed my travel trailer last week on a 1.5hr camping trip and honestly did not notice any difference in sound towing vs. not towing. As I have stated before driving at normal cursing speeds the truck with the set-up I have is barely any louder than stock.