Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h20clayton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
D Hemi 5.7
Hey guys first post here on ram forum. I had an issue w my 2008 1500 where the right cigar lighter worked fine and the left didn't (phone charge/FM->Bluetooth thing, etc.), Cigarette plug w the icon printed didn't work on either. Right showed 12.4 volts, left showed .2. You'd think a blown fuse would make it read zero right? I was wrong and found fuse 38 blown, one of 4 fuses labeled "cigarette", all others were fine. After this the plug heated and functioned in the left socket, still didn't on right. My question is are these 2 sockets designed differently or is there further work and probing that needs to be done?

tl;dr

Are the 2 sockets of a 08 ram designed differently?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
As well as I remember they are definitely different. All my 12v phone chargers, plugs, etc. worked in the right socket, but only the cig lighter worked in the left. When they're inside the dash, you can't see much difference, however if you compare them up-close you can see there's quite a few differences

When I decided to take out the cig lighter and put in a second 12v, I also had to shave a very small piece of plastic off a OEM 12v socket for it to fit in the cig lighter hole.

Edit- I now realize this is quite an old thread but hopefully it'll help someone out

Last edited: