DODGE RAM TRX KIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, it’s a complete new hood. The back bumper is sold by Dirt King I believe.

Lol sorry I asked that before reading the entire post and seeing the hood on your truck. The truck looks so amazing dude, congrats. I have a 12’ RCSB aswell.

I’m going to reach out to this company today and inquire about purchasing just the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Lol sorry I asked that before reading the entire post and seeing the hood on your truck. The truck looks so amazing dude, congrats. I have a 12’ RCSB aswell.

I’m going to reach out to this company today and inquire about purchasing just the hood.

Thanks! You have any luck with the Hood?

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Tires have been on for a couple of week so I pulled it over the pit to fine tune any rubbing. Surprisingly there was very little. On the rears with the bed loaded down and hitting hard bumps, a slight rub on the old wheel wells that had not been cut out. Took care of that.

On the front plastic wheel wells, slight rub on the front bumper side, fixed it by pulling it back with zip ties. Double checked all the other previously items done. Re sealed the seam, made sure the main plug connection that had to be relocated was secure and secured fog lights wiring tied back better.

It's tight but no foreseeable rubbing issues. Well at least until there's a little mud caked up on the tires. I'll try to avoid that as much as possible.N&T5.jpg N&T4.jpg N&T3.jpg N&T@.jpg N&T!.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks! You have any luck with the Hood?

Not sold separately... I am guessing the odds of finding someone who buys the kit and wants to sell just the hood (like if they don’t like it) would be so slim to come across this scenario. Sucks cause if they sold the hood I’m sure they’d sell a ton of them.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
LOL! If you are referring to the tires up front, yes they are in 3" each side which works now for me for the stock set up. If I go with the Dirt King long travel lift kit, they will push the tires out 3" to match the back. So these would still be the wheels needed, I would put the 13.5 tire up front as well to match the rear.

When I was pricing out the kit, I realized the fronts were wider and you would need a 3" spacer on the rears to match them up. I'm not a fan of spacers. So for now I'm going with this look.

So shirts fully tucked or not at all!
If it matters I personally like the rear tires out more than the front tires. But I am old school!

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
If it matters I personally like the rear tires out more than the front tires. But I am old school!
Same here, particularly on this build. My first Dodge truck was a 1978 L'il Red Express Truck. They came factory with GR60 on 7" rims up front and LR60 on 8" rims on the rear with no spare tire.

In 1992 I ordered a custom Dakota with L'il Red Express conversion kit and ordered it with the same tire/wheel set up. This will be my 3rd one set up this way only I had to make sure the diameter was the same due to it being a 4x4.

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I ordered my last few body parts so that should complete the look I want for now. UnderCover UC3076S SE Smooth Truck Bed Tonneau Cover non finished, just primed & ready for paint. I couldn't see paying $500.00 more for the paint and will put that savings towards the complete paint job later.

I've de-badged it and will shave the badge on the tail gate. The grill I got has no badge so the Ram will be 100% de-badged.

I've also noticed the brakes will need replaced soon. With the 37" Nitto's adding strain to the braking system, I've ordered the heavy duty Z36 Truck and SUV Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pad and Drilled & Slotted Rotor Kit.

Ram Brakes.jpg Ram bed cover.jpg Grill Ram.jpg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I ordered my last few body parts so that should complete the look I want for now. UnderCover UC3076S SE Smooth Truck Bed Tonneau Cover non finished, just primed & ready for paint. I couldn't see paying $500.00 more for the paint and will put that savings towards the complete paint job later.

I've de-badged it and will shave the badge on the tail gate. The grill I got has no badge so the Ram will be 100% de-badged.

I've also noticed the brakes will need replaced soon. With the 37" Nitto's adding strain to the braking system, I've ordered the heavy duty Z36 Truck and SUV Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pad and Drilled & Slotted Rotor Kit.

View attachment 249100 View attachment 249101 View attachment 249102

Excellent choice on brakes. They don't disappoint!
20210513_141920.jpg

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I installed the Undercover & Grill today. The grill gives it a clean & mean look in my opinion and the old one was way heavier than I ever thought it would have been so a little weight loss. The bed cover fits perfect. I was concerned a little about the fatter fenders and the fitment of the cover. I was a little reluctant about getting it because the ones that I've seen on other trucks looked too big with a 1/2" gap around the bed & cover. With these wide body fenders, the gap is 1/8" & hugs it consistently on all 3 sides. I actually slid it forward 1/4" which tightened up the tailgate with no rub or contact. I'm very pleased with it and getting 1 more step closer with the exterior look that I want. I’ll shave the tailgate badge next.

Edited for spelling & grammar.

Bed &grill3.jpg Bed &grill2.jpg Bed &grill1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I've put several thousand miles on this wide body kit and have confirmed that the rear fenders are getting chipped from the debris coming off the front tires. I knew this would be an issue and believe I have the solution. I'm personally not a fan of the mud flaps so I'm going to try something a tad bit different. After many hours of research, I've found a Running Board that should work and compliment the Widebody kit. I just purchased the commercial grade Aries RidgeStep running board. Instead of the one for the RC SWB that was 53'' long, I ordered the extended cab which is 75" long. This will fit perfectly from wheel to wheel (wheel well that is) and give it a cleaner look. I should get it next week and install on that weekend. It has a unique bracket system that should allow it to work. I verified with the manufacturer and they agreed. Once installed I'll repair the chips and paint to confirm that it prevents chipping before I final paint it.

Chips rear fenders.jpg

89f75008c47a9e9504cc0a9df12f32ab.jpg

Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, I don't like steps or mud flaps but I have both. Sometimes you have to find the best things you can for function over looks. I don't like my paint all chipped up so I had to settle for what I have.PXL_20211010_152720683~2.jpg

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I understand what you are saying, I don't like steps or mud flaps but I have both. Sometimes you have to find the best things you can for function over looks. I don't like my paint all chipped up so I had to settle for what I have.View attachment 474660
That's one super clean nice looking ram you have there!

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I understand what you are saying, I don't like steps or mud flaps but I have both. Sometimes you have to find the best things you can for function over looks. I don't like my paint all chipped up so I had to settle for what I have.View attachment 474660

Swap over to AMP Research steps that retract and hide ... and add the Xpel clear film to protect the paint... and/or add a set of the smooth flares ....

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Swap over to AMP Research steps that retract and hide ... and add the Xpel clear film to protect the paint... and/or add a set of the smooth flares ....
That's a great idea and what I would do if the body was stock and I didn't drive down 4 miles of gravel/dirt roads. The tread on these tires likes to chunk some pretty good size stone. When I get up to 70+MPH some of the stone stuck in comes flying out. I don't think the film would hold up to that.

With the wide body kit, the normal flairs probably wouldn't fit right or offer the coverage needed. Mud flaps would probably work and might still be needed after the running boards are installed. We'll see soon because I just received shipping confirmation that they should arrive tomorrow.

On another note, I finally found a shop that's working up a price to paint her. I hope it's reasonable or I'm going to have to tackle the job and I really don't have the time with my work schedule.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Nice looking RT BTW!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a great idea and what I would do if the body was stock and I didn't drive down 4 miles of gravel/dirt roads. The tread on these tires likes to chunk some pretty good size stone. When I get up to 70+MPH some of the stone stuck in comes flying out. I don't think the film would hold up to that.

With the wide body kit, the normal flairs probably wouldn't fit right or offer the coverage needed. Mud flaps would probably work and might still be needed after the running boards are installed. We'll see soon because I just received shipping confirmation that they should arrive tomorrow.

On another note, I finally found a shop that's working up a price to paint her. I hope it's reasonable or I'm going to have to tackle the job and I really don't have the time with my work schedule.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Nice looking RT BTW!
Bonus of fixed wide running boards is they defend against door dings.