Does anyone have a cd player with the Uconnect 5.0 radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at installing the center console in my truck in place of the jump seat, I have found several consoles out there available with the CD player in the console. I trying to find out if the Uconnect 5.0 radio will control the CD player and if I can enable it with the alphaOBD. Talked with Benny from allmoparparts.com here and he's not sure either, so we are trying to find out if anyone has a Uconnect 5.0 with a CD player. My truck is a 2017 with the Uconnect5.0 not sure if it is different from year to year.

Thank You in advance for any information provided.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a factory 5.0 and factory CD in the jump seat. Have yet to use it,... but it’s there.
Mine is a 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alpha obd can not add the cd option I don't think.but a dealer can flash the sales code rh1.I have had three done usually 60.00 bucks.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alpha obd can not add the cd option I don't think.but a dealer can flash the sales code rh1.I have had three done usually 60.00 bucks.
Fortunately my son works for a Ram Dealer and if I need to have it done at dealer he does it on lunch or after work so no cost to me a family perk you might say. What years did you have done?? Were they the units in the center console?? If so do you know what harness is needed to connect the unit??

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am looking at installing the center console in my truck in place of the jump seat, I have found several consoles out there available with the CD player in the console. I trying to find out if the Uconnect 5.0 radio will control the CD player and if I can enable it with the alphaOBD. Talked with Benny from allmoparparts.com here and he's not sure either, so we are trying to find out if anyone has a Uconnect 5.0 with a CD player. My truck is a 2017 with the Uconnect5.0 not sure if it is different from year to year.

Thank You in advance for any information provided.
AlfaOBD can enable it. Programmed ECUs Cabin Net: EDM external disc module present- yes.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AlfaOBD can enable it. Programmed ECUs Cabin Net: EDM external disc module present- yes.
Kind of thought it would be able to if the configuration was possible. thanks for the info.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wasn't for sure others looked and couldn't find it .or it didn't work .of course if you have a alpha obd you can try it.if it works or not please post others might want to go ahead and offset the 60.00 and just get a alpha obd.that's what I was going to do but couldn't confirm anything and just went the dealer route.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where did you find all these consoles with a CD player in them? Would be interested in one for a 2016 Sports.
Jay

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I upgraded my 2013 from a 3.0 to a 5.0 from a 15'. I have a CD player and was never able to get it to show up on the 5.0. The local dealership was zero help. This thread may get me looking again at getting it up and working.

My rearview camera displays in my mirror. The 5.0 has never recognized that either.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just for kicks I plugged in my OBDlink MX scrolled through the Vehicle Configuration changes and found the external disc module enable, I assume without the CD player connected it wouldn't make a difference if I tried to enable it.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My curiosity got the better of me this morning I actually went in the alphaOBD and enable the external disc module the radio in fact did reconfigure looking for a cd just says no disc available due to no player connected yet.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My curiosity got the better of me this morning I actually went in the alphaOBD and enable the external disc module the radio in fact did reconfigure looking for a cd just says no disc available due to no player connected yet.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You said you have had 3 of these done, do you remember what harness you used to connect the CD player to the truck??

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends on the options and year of your truck.there is one with rear heated seats. one without and one if you have a rear power outlet.also the trim of the truck if it has illumination or not for the media hub.I did two full consoles and a jump seat.the jump seat was easy just two harnesses one with cd one without.the full console took some research.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends on the options and year of your truck.there is one with rear heated seats. one without and one if you have a rear power outlet.also the trim of the truck if it has illumination or not for the media hub.I did two full consoles and a jump seat.the jump seat was easy just two harnesses one with cd one without.the full console took some research.
did you do a full console with a cd??? if so where did the console harness connect to?? did you need to change anything??

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you already have a floor console or do you have a jump seat? If you have a floor console already the harness connector and USB connector are at the front of the console just unplug and plug up new harness.if you have a jump seat you would need to find out about the hook ups in the add a console thread.the plug for the cd player just branches off the console harness. If you had the cd connector you could just splice into a non cd console harness if you had a wiring diagram.I think a pioneer radio harness plug is the same as the cd player you would just have to tap into the correct wires they would be different colors of course.I didn't have the time to try it so I just bought the factory console sub harnesses 78.00 I think.but if you have time materials and know how you could easily add a cd plug to a non cd harness for 5 to ten bucks.

OP
OP
awpratt

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you already have a floor console or do you have a jump seat? If you have a floor console already the harness connector and USB connector are at the front of the console just unplug and plug up new harness.if you have a jump seat you would need to find out about the hook ups in the add a console thread.the plug for the cd player just branches off the console harness. If you had the cd connector you could just splice into a non cd console harness if you had a wiring diagram.I think a pioneer radio harness plug is the same as the cd player you would just have to tap into the correct wires they would be different colors of course.I didn't have the time to try it so I just bought the factory console sub harnesses 78.00 I think.but if you have time materials and know how you could easily add a cd plug to a non cd harness for 5 to ten bucks.
I had the jump seat originally but am installing the full floor console that has a CD player in it and would like to make it all work as it should. Do you by chance remember or know the part# of the console sub harness that you used??

Last edited: