Doing paper work for a new 2020 today

Good deal?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
$73K sticker for a 1/2 ton truck. Good Lord prices are getting ridiculous even with manufacturer and dealer discounts.

I agree with comments above...for that much I’d spring for the 3/4 ton with Cummins. Granted ride won’t be as soft with a 3/4 ton but you won’t outgrow the towing capability and resale will be better.

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
I'm "Chatting" online with Dave Smith now. Very slow process but I doubt they can help.
That was a waste of 30 minutes. The "Chat" person finally said she would pass the info on. LOL It was a total waste of time. I was not even talking to someone at the dealership.
Dave Smith no longer the old Dave Smith, New owners.

wwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm "Chatting" online with Dave Smith now. Very slow process but I doubt they can help.
That was a waste of 30 minutes. The "Chat" person finally said she would pass the info on. LOL It was a total waste of time. I was not even talking to someone at the dealership.

wwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The online chats are worthless. Recently I bought a new Airstream and a new Laramie. I started out thinking I was chatting with a sales rep at the local dealers... not true! After talking to a real person on the good ole phone and then visiting the dealerships, and purchasing the vehicles, I was bombarded for weeks by chats, emails and phone calls from these online chat folks. They must be located in India or Pakistan because they certainly dont work at the dealers.

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealerships are hurting....you are the boss and you are in control...they need you more than you need them...

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
$25,500 is actually a good trade price for your '16 Eco Diesel. The new sales prices really took a dump on the Ecodiesels near the end if '17. I and four of my friends bought our 17 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4s back then for $20 - 23 grand off of MSRP. (My sticker price was over $56k) I paid $32'500 for mine plus tax and licence when Elk Grove Ram offered 400 of them at that price. They are still selling new '19 Classic EcoDiesel Tradesman 4x4 crew cabs for $26,900.

So, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I tow a 7600 lb 29' travel trailer with mine am also at my limit. I'd like to have a little more truck for stability purposes and would likely go with a 2500 series but until these Ram classic Tradesmens are snapped up, our truck's values are in the toilet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
$25,500 is actually a good trade price for your '16 Eco Diesel. The new sales prices really took a dump on the Ecodiesels near the end if '17. I and four of my friends bought our 17 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4s back then for $20 - 23 grand off of MSRP. (My sticker price was over $56k) I paid $32'500 for mine plus tax and licence when Elk Grove Ram offered 400 of them at that price. They are still selling new '19 Classic EcoDiesel Work Truck 4x4 crew cabs for $26,900.

So, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I tow a 7600 lb 29' travel trailer with mine am also at my limit. I'd like to have a little more truck for stability purposes and would likely go with a 2500 series but until these Ram classic work trucks are snapped up, our truck's values are in the toilet.
I've owned a 2001 Ram Cummings. I love the big trucks but we need the MPG that comes with the Ecodiesel. Towing is important but the truck will only be towing for maybe 5% of its life.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I've owned a 2001 Ram Cummings. I love the big trucks but we need the MPG that comes with the Ecodiesel. Towing is important but the truck will only be towing for maybe 5% of its life.

My thought too. I tow with our EcoDiesel maybe 2 months out of the year. We do travel regularly between our primary home in the Sierra Nevada Mountains to our other home on the central coast running solo. 600 mile round trip and the 25 to 27 mpg I get running solo would be missed if and when I jump up to an HD.

Everything is a compromise in one way or another.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW The only reason we are trading in our 2016 is we need more tow capacity. We will be going from just under 8 thousand pounds to over 11 thousand with the new Ecodiesel. Our 2016 is almost exactly at the limit of it's capacity to tow our travel trailer.
That is way to much weight for that Ecodiesel.

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
We are trading in our 2016 Ecodiesel for a 2020. Both are fully loaded Laramie's. We have negotiated a little over 8 thousand off the sticker price. We are only getting 25,500 trade-in for our 2016 so we are upside down by a little over 2 grand(on a $55+ thousand truck). So much for the Dodge law suit money in our pocket. I have attached the window sticker. I would appreciate any input on what to look out for while doing this today.

View attachment 205244

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
We are trading in our 2016 Ecodiesel for a 2020. Both are fully loaded Laramie's. We have negotiated a little over 8 thousand off the sticker price. We are only getting 25,500 trade-in for our 2016 so we are upside down by a little over 2 grand(on a $55+ thousand truck). So much for the Dodge law suit money in our pocket. I have attached the window sticker. I would appreciate any input on what to look out for while doing this today.

View attachment 205244

Have you considered a 2500? Know a guy with a 1500 loaded Laramie and he bought it last year. But now after towing his trailer he wishes he had instead bought a 2500. You cannot overkill when buying a truck for trailer towing. There are always mountain passes, steep hills, and weather conditions that require more power and more weight help a lot. Had I bought a 1500 it would be dead by now but my 2008 2500 is used as a work truck as well as for a slide in truck camper. Colorado Rockies have some steep mountain passes and am happy I got the 2500.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure anything less than 15-20% off sticker is a good deal in this buyer’s market. But in the end if you love the truck and you have the money, go for it. Life can really be too short. Believe me.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Man did that sticker say 73k for a 1500.... sheesh. These things are getting expensive.

But like already said. You only live once. If you can afford it. Do it.

I just picked up a 2020 power wagon with the 12" screen for 49k [emoji39] and couldn't be happier lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Angel I4Gold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Have you considered a 2500? Know a guy with a 1500 loaded Laramie and he bought it last year. But now after towing his trailer he wishes he had instead bought a 2500. You cannot overkill when buying a truck for trailer towing. There are always mountain passes, steep hills, and weather conditions that require more power and more weight help a lot. Had I bought a 1500 it would be dead by now but my 2008 2500 is used as a work truck as well as for a slide in truck camper. Colorado Rockies have some steep mountain passes and am happy I got the 2500.

Angel I4Gold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel

View attachment 205244

Angel I4Gold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
We have a 2017 EcoDiesel and it is Recalled with no fix insight!

I wouldn’t buy another Ram! Even some of the Cummins are being Recalled!

This is my 3rd Ram and I use to love Ram trucks but they have gone way down hill. So many recalls that they can’t fix, and so many lawsuits that people have had to file because Ram doesn’t care about the people. Save yourself some heartache and look elsewhere!

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
We have a 2017 EcoDiesel and it is Recalled with no fix insight!

I wouldn’t buy another Ram! Even some of the Cummins are being Recalled!

This is my 3rd Ram and I use to love Ram trucks but they have gone way down hill. So many recalls that they can’t fix, and so many lawsuits that people have had to file because Ram doesn’t care about the people. Save yourself some heartache and look elsewhere!

Unfortunately, all the manufacturers are having problems with recalls. I'm afraid you may be disappointed once you jump ship. It is my firm belief that it's the luck of the draw when you pick your vehicle. My 2016 is perfect. It has had many recalls but nothing that pissed me off. Ram has taken care of me (so far) and we are on our 5th new Dodge. I'm sorry you are having problems.

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

No 2500 or 3500 will be considered because of the MPG's. The Ecodiesel is our choice due to comfort,ride, looks and MPG's. Also, the bigger trucks won't fit in our garage, LOL.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 205244

IMHO, if U gonna pay that much for a 3.0L diesel, go 2500 and get a Cummings and/or 6.4 Hemi, depending upon how much U tow. Buy a lil more truck than U need, not close,especially if down the road U go bigger toy hauler again IMHO. I would bet U can find a 2500 for less than what U paying for the 1500...Even if U tow a lil, with that much weight, I would not go by GVWR, but wat truck can do safely. That much weight, the TAIL be wagging the dog.

ADDED: If U can afford to be 2K upside down and go 70K, money not the issue, just what U want/and or need, and if U can go and afford that much truck, I would hope fuel prices not an issue, again IHMO.....

scubaseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you buy the truck? I didn't see a pic?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk