Door Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fm270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7
I got side swiped the other day - Not much damage. However, the guy took off the RAM-1500 emblem. The glue is still there as is some of the foam. I googled some videos to remove it. Before I follow them I wanted to try here.

Thanks in advance.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
I got side swiped the other day - Not much damage. However, the guy took off the RAM-1500 emblem. The glue is still there as is some of the foam. I googled some videos to remove it. Before I follow them I wanted to try here.

Thanks in advance.

This does a good job removing the adhesive backing without damaging the paint.

I have used micro fiber towels dabbing enough on to "soak in" and let sit for about three to five minutes and then gently massage the stuck on adhesive off.

Then a little rinse off with car wash/water and a little ceramic wax and call it done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409-111354.png
    Screenshot_20230409-111354.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 1

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
Yes Goo Gone is very good for this. And if you still have some adhesive on there WD40 will also safely remove tough to remove adhesives. Just remember to re-wax as mentioned already. And also mentioned soaking helps. I take a paper towel and soak it with whichever, and slap it on the area and let it soak for a few minutes.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For most of the badges, I used a thin fishing line to saw the adhesive tape under the badges.
The center tailgate badge has a pin in it, so if you remove it there will be a hole left - AT LEAST ON THE 4TH GEN TRUCKS, I AM NOT POSITIVE ON THE 5TH GEN.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, fishing line, wear gloves. Some use those eraser wheels to get off adhesive. WD40 might work, Goof Off is my personal go to. I actually needed a bit of acetone to get the last bit off. Start with least aggressive stuff and work your way up.
There's a good debadging thread around here somewhere.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For myself and others in the Northern climates, I wonder if a careful and light warming of the emblem using a heat gun, might help to get the fishing line through the adhesive without eviscerating one's fingertips.

Great idea, BTW, I like it. :cool:

Warming should help I would think, I did mine in the summer so it was already warm. haha

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
A buddy and I are retired foresters. We both happen to have Delmonico red newer Ram diesels. I think it is time to make up some magnetic signs to go on the doors.
"Last Stand Forestry Consultants"

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
For myself and others in the Northern climates, I wonder if a careful and light warming of the emblem using a heat gun, might help to get the fishing line through the adhesive without eviscerating one's fingertips.

Great idea, BTW, I like it. :cool:

Dental floss also works,pick a warm day,or use a hair dryer or very careful use of a heat gun

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I'm getting ready to do the full debadge, going to use a heat gun, plastic trim tool, and a 3M eraser wheel, hoping to avoid the chemical route.
The eraser wheel is definitely the quicker route but just be very careful not to get the area too hot. You're more likely to cause damage with the eraser wheel than with the goo gone or wd40. However, using goo gone is a lot more time and elbow grease for sure.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
I used goo be gone and a plastic scraper on my truck when I swapped the chrome badges to black. You probably won't need the scraper, but my truck being 11 years old needed the scraper lol otherwise it might peel off better if it's a little newer

Last edited: