Drag Link help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Correct fix? I contacted RamCares on the forum and got the new drag link and front alignment done for free. Newer style and no more worry about crappy weld job. Why wait?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got one of those today. I'll just keep checking the jam nuts myself until they start performing the CORRECT fix and not the crappy welding.
I did that for 6 years or more…nuts never once loosened up…then took it to the dealer to have the tranny fluid changed and the ******** welded it up, WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME. ******.

MBlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Correct fix? I contacted RamCares on the forum and got the new drag link and front alignment done for free. Newer style and no more worry about crappy weld job. Why wait?
How can I contact RamCares? We were told today that there is not anything Ram can do and we have to purchase a new drag link. Thanks

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried to get mine fixed through Ram Cares also. My original dealer gave Ram Cares the run around so they set me up with another dealer. That dealer called me but said they would not order the part because RC did not state in my case that they would pay for the part. I tried 50 times to get in touch with the person that was handling my case but their mailbox was always full. I tried talking to other reps but they would only transfer me to original rep where I would get a full mailbox. Finally gave up. I just keep an eye on my welded nut. One day I will have to fix it myself. Good Luck on yours

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
My truck sat at the dealer for a week even after enlisting RamCares and insuring the part was at the dealer. Service Manager never did give a commitment to install the new draglink. I retrieved the truck on Friday and will just monitor the draglink. Never been treated this bad in several decades.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
My experience was quite the opposite. Though it did take a few weeks for @ramcaresTo get everything setup and parts ordered the key for mine was dont talk to the dealer. Ramcares had one joint call with ramcares, myself, and the dealer that ramcares setup and the rest they did. All I had to do was drop off the truck. Hope this helps someone.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Considering the age of the truck at this point how long did you all expect them to replace it for free? I mean, at this point in time the part is probably wore out in its natural life and/or outside any kind of a warranty.
I can see it now, 10 yrs from now people still trying.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Good point, I have a 2016 I bought back in late 2022 and was done a few months after owning. Alignment issue is what drove me to start looking into it and ran into threads here and other forums so gave it a shot. Ramcares drove the entire process as I mentioned and stood behind making it right. Again, I get your point about 10 years but wins trust with me in fixing a bad design, even years later.

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Considering the age of the truck at this point how long did you all expect them to replace it for free? I mean, at this point in time the part is probably wore out in its natural life and/or outside any kind of a warranty.
I can see it now, 10 yrs from now people still trying.
I bought my 18 last April at local dealer and it only had 27k on it. I Asked Ram Cares if they could do the fix on my truck since it was only welded up. They said no problem and no charge. I now have 35k on the truck. Just can't get passed the communication problem

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I bought my 18 last April at local dealer and it only had 27k on it. I Asked Ram Cares if they could do the fix on my truck since it was only welded up. They said no problem and no charge. I now have 35k on the truck. Just can't get passed the communication problem
Where ever you pinged Ramcares (they are on a couple forums) from I'd go there and just keep pinging them every couple weeks or so. It did take a bit from start to finish when I did it, but they did get me thru to the end. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357