Drag Link Recall ... Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Go to your Mopar Dash site. Look up Customer care. On the site you can also do a live chat and they will send you an email to send them the Invoices for the Drag Link Purchase and one for the Install Charge. You will be given a Claim Number also.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
FYI, it looks like FCA is starting to deny the synergy claims now. Someone over on CF just got denied.

Everything I have seen/read leads me to believe they will eventually replace them with a upgraded unit so I'll just hold out for that.

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Go to your Mopar Dash site. Look up Customer care. On the site you can also do a live chat and they will send you an email to send them the Invoices for the Drag Link Purchase and one for the Install Charge. You will be given a Claim Number also.

www.fcarecallreimbursement.com

It was all via the website. I uploaded receipt/invoice and credit card receipt. I rushed as I assumed when parts started to become available they would at some point stop reimbursing people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
See post #225

See post #224 also. They just denied someone so that loophole maybe closed now? Proceed at your own risk realizing you may not get reimbursed at this point.

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
See post #224 also. They just denied someone so that loophole maybe closed now? Proceed at your own risk realizing you may not get reimbursed at this point.

Exactly. That’s what I meant by me doing it as fast as I could; once I heard of people getting reimbursed. Seems to be a crap shoot now...

For once my timing was good and paid off!

zhoenixx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly. That’s what I meant by me doing it as fast as I could; once I heard of people getting reimbursed. Seems to be a crap shoot now...

For once my timing was good and paid off!

I'm willing to bet they're reimbursing only certain vehicles. What's your VIN?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm willing to bet they're reimbursing only certain vehicles. What's your VIN?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think so. I'm reading between the lines here but I think they paid for a few because people cited safety concerns etc. Now they are seeing a whole bunch coming in and seeing a trend of having to pay out all these people that they didn't expect.
Pretty sure they are going to replace all of them eventually with a new version but being right in the middle of producing trucks the new links are all allocated so they need to procure more which takes time.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I don't think so. I'm reading between the lines here but I think they paid for a few because people cited safety concerns etc. Now they are seeing a whole bunch coming in and seeing a trend of having to pay out all these people that they didn't expect.
Pretty sure they are going to replace all of them eventually with a new version but being right in the middle of producing trucks the new links are all allocated so they need to procure more which takes time.

Let's hope so! RamCares....I hope your following this thread and passing our concerns and comments up the ladder so a proper recall is released to replace the drag link!

Firewall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Had mine done today, I lease the truck so figured it was best to do whatever FCA says to do. The service manager said he expects replacement parts in the future but could not predict when!

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I got the letter. Only have 1k miles on my truck. One of these days I'll crawl under and check it out. No way I'm letting them weld that ****. Terrible "fix".

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I took mine in last week and politely asked for them to replace, not weld (which I think is a very 'farmerized' fix - and I live on a farm!). Service Manager said he could not authorize, but would run it up the chain. He said since I was there, they had to do the fix since I was in their system, or something... Torque on the locknut was in the range where I got welded.

He did call me back today and said they did not authorize parts vs. weld, but also provided info for me to call and make my case.

I'm thinking of taking the truck in for an alignment just to see if I get charged more to unweld/reweld if they should need to re-center the steering wheel.

es

TonyCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
At the dealer right now. 800 miles on the truck. Bought a 2018 with an October 2018 build date a few weeks ago. Didn’t know about the recall, but the steering wheel was off center. Stuck my head underneath and noticed adjustment nut was welded. Dealer telling me they are going to cut the weld, straighten the wheel out, and weld it again. Only authorized way to repair. Ugh.

Southpaw759

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m a little nervous for mine I bought my 14 ram used a couple months back and the steering wheel is off center just thought I needed an alignment but apparently it could be worse. I will have to call the dealer here to see what they say, they are terrible here for getting things done.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At the dealer right now. 800 miles on the truck. Bought a 2018 with an October 2018 build date a few weeks ago. Didn’t know about the recall, but the steering wheel was off center. Stuck my head underneath and noticed adjustment nut was welded. Dealer telling me they are going to cut the weld, straighten the wheel out, and weld it again. Only authorized way to repair. Ugh.

Impressive. Welded the nuts with the steering wheel crooked. WTF!