Engine bearing identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric99223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok it 1 am in spokane wa, and finally got cool enough to work without being in a puddle of sweat!

So I slid under my 2010 pw again and started pulling main caps on my 5.7. Every main or rod I have ever pulled in my 25 year career as a master tech was stamped with a size. This main has numbers but doesn't tell me if it is oversize, undersize, or standard. What is the best way to tell if I have the correct bearings? I don't think the motor has ever been open, but I have only had it the last 20k.

I got standard bearings and they are stamped as such on the back but the ones I'm pulling have no info. All they say is D18 (or B) Y A22E. Anyone have any idea? Or best way to check? Don't have a bearing micrometer (may be able to pull a digital caliper hiding someplace) and don't want to make a 5k guess!

HELP! LOL

ERIC

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The crankshaft will be marked on the first counterweight. There will be 5 letters, A,B,C. A is under, B is nominal, C is over. First letter from the left will be the front #1 main bearing, and the last letter is the 5th main bearing at the rear.