Engine Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Had a guy ask me what I use for tape when i'm modifying or adding wiring under the hood.Alot of guys use black electrical tape,but it sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion,what I use is good old "Hockey Tape",it's a very close match to the original style cloth tape FCA uses under the hood,and keeps my OCD a bit happier,lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tesa brand tape seems to be popular amongst those who make "aftermarket" harnesses and such.

Amazon has loads of it, just need to figure out which one you need. They have a soft, fuzzy fleece-like one for interior use and different one(s) for exterior and/or engine bay use.

Ive used the interior one and like it very much. Its somehow not gummy but sticks well to wiring. And its soft enough that it should cut down on "tapping" noises if the wiring bounces against something.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^yup Tesa tape is what you want. Plain electrical tape will get really gummy with the engine heat.