Entry/Exit Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team RAMrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Absolutely love my Ram, just wondering if anyone else has found a way to have your truck lower when shifting into park without having to press the lowering switch?

R1nZX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm one of those weirdos that reads the manual cover-to-cover, and I didn't see anything about this. I don't think such an option exists.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I can tell you Grand Cherokee's do it. The Rams does not do it but its most likely a software program . You may go Jeep forums see what you can find out.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I may stand corrected. Found this on page 577 under the Uconnect 3 5” display settings. I didn’t find it listed under the 8.4” or 12” settings as listed above. It might be the auto easy entry/exit with the easy entry/exit seat setting. I don’t have air suspension so can’t test it.

3A2FE296-AEC4-456B-9A33-0E2B8A3A97C7.png

Last edited:

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting for sure and some one posted this before. It most certainly is not on a Laramie at all.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Absolutely love my Ram, just wondering if anyone else has found a way to have your truck lower when shifting into park without having to press the lowering switch?
It could be this one. Again I don’t have air suspension so can’t try to confirm. It does say if you open a door before it lowers or raises it stops until the issue is corrected. See post above for page 318 about doors.

3D7A6029-212C-4371-8FAA-1334C3D71C3C.jpeg

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do like to lower the entry/exit position most of the time but when after I push the down button and don't wait for it to fully end in the entry/exit position and open the door the system cancels and returns to normal height - also if a passenger opens the doors before completion it will cancel and return to normal.

If I remember to push the down button before I park, all is good and there is enough time for the system to fully lower while I park and before opening the door.

I don't think I would like the auto lower option every time I put it in park, I would not want to wait or have my passengers wait every time for the system to lower every time I put it in park

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It takes over 10 seconds to lower from aero down to entry/exit height on my truck with ORG. I am not patient to wait that long every time I shift in to park for the truck to lower. I would rather only have it lower when I ask it to, not automatically.

BJ77345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish there was a setting to have my mirrors turn in when I put the truck into Park or turn it off. That would be great! First world problem of course, but hey why not? :)

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish there was a setting to have my mirrors turn in when I put the truck into Park or turn it off. That would be great! First world problem of course, but hey why not? :)

As has been discussed previously in other threads, most of us up here in the North would have to decline that feature. I've seen recently some cars making their backup cameras motorized (so they are out of sight when not in use), so every time you go into reverse the camera has to pop out. I'd really like to see how that works out during winter.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can add postie comments that being a New ram owner last 6 models and forum member for last 4 every thing we all discussed and put into words for Chrysler/Daimler and Chrysler/Fca most became reality on the new trucks that came out afterwards! Take their survey and tell them what we want they seem very well and eager to listen.

ohiobf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah - alot of good info here...I have a Limited with the Air..and as others (I think Danrule - sorry didn't pay enough attention) have mentioned it takes some time to go from normal to entry/exit...so i always try to start the process as i am heading into a slot/garage. i would really like the power folding mirrors to fold (upon engine shutdown and departure). Without spending a lot of thought - I think i would like auto to entry/exit upon key off...but as mentioned i would have to sit in the cab for 60s?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It takes over 10 seconds to lower from aero down to entry/exit height on my truck with ORG. I am not patient to wait that long every time I shift in to park for the truck to lower. I would rather only have it lower when I ask it to, not automatically.

Your truck should’ve gone from aero mode back to normal ride height long before you’re stopped.

I’ve got my aero mode currently turned off. Figured it was less wear on the compressor that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you set the switch to normal height it will go to normal as default and then down to aero mode at a certain highway speed and then return to normal when at a slower speed, and return to normal after entry/exit mode.

If you manually with the switch set to aero mode it will stay in aero mode even at a slower speed or stopped, and return to aero mode after entry/exit mode.

I have the Off Rode Group with the normal height 1" higher than non ORG normal mode. At 1" higher = more wind resistance and worse mpg so I ride in Aero mode a lot. My Aero mode is still 1/2" higher than non ORG normal.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you set the switch to normal height it will go to normal as default and then down to aero mode at a certain highway speed and then return to normal when at a slower speed, and return to normal after entry/exit mode.

If you manually with the switch set to aero mode it will stay in aero mode even at a slower speed or stopped, and return to aero mode after entry/exit mode.

I have the Off Rode Group with the normal height 1" higher than non ORG normal mode. At 1" higher = more wind resistance and worse mpg so I ride in Aero mode a lot. My Aero mode is still 1/2" higher than non ORG normal.

That must be something new with the 19’s then because in my 18, aero mode only activates once you go over a set speed. Then after you slow down to certain speed, it raises itself back up automatically to normal. There is no way to manually select it other than just enabling it, that I know of.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Never heard of a "lowering switch". But if your truck has the 4 corner air bags on it, then yes, the truck can be lowered. My buddies 2018 Rebel, has the 4 corner air bags on his truck, and he can lower/ raise the truck by about 6 inches right from the key fob. I've seen it.

Cmerkert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you push the toggle to lower as you are driving into your driveway or parking spot, so that it starts to lower as you pull in and may even be lowered as you stop? In it's entry/exit position, is it too low to drive in? I wonder if that would be a prohibiting factor? Anyone ever try this? Successful?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of a "lowering switch". But if your truck has the 4 corner air bags on it, then yes, the truck can be lowered. My buddies 2018 Rebel, has the 4 corner air bags on his truck, and he can lower/ raise the truck by about 6 inches right from the key fob. I've seen it.

That’s not what he was askin. He’s wondering if there’s a way to make the truck lower by itself every time you park it.