Evap PN help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evilsizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got the my 03 qc 5.7l back after a engine swap, the got a evap code, if i recall right p0442. when they did a smoke test the found the area around the canister under the bed/cab. inspected the hoses, found one dry rotted and the rest looked new inside the tube but just covered in dirt on the outside. the cracked on had a tag with "52121072AB" on it, called the dealer said it is not a good PN. then rattled off some writing on the hose it self. "14.5 31611" couldnt find anything by that either. i even went to the dealer so he could see the hose, he pulled up a hose that does not look the same. this is where i hit a wall, hit up google then found this post. https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93636

using the other listed PN to do a search found this site
https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...UAD-CAB-57L-V8-AT-4X2/6795889/53032052ac.html <-says it doesnt fit/work with my ram.
then this place same PN says it does, wth
https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-vapor-canister-tube-53032052ac
grabbing at straws i head back to the first link, on the side bar see what looks like the hose im holding.
https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...UAD-CAB-57L-V8-AT-4X2/6932929/52102793aa.html

now i noted that when i zoomed in on the picture, all the writing matches up but has a -C on it. do a check to see if it fits/works with my ram, does not fit/work, wth? i kind of give up trying to track down this hose and making sure im getting the right one. i am half tempted to grab the hose in the last link i posted. as the hose the dealer wanted to sell me is a special order and they dont do returns on special orders for a guess from them as to what hose it is *smh*.

could use some help on figuring this out or if the last link is the same hose im looking for? if it is why would it say it isnt a match for my 03 ram.

OP
OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
just noticed this is the wrong sub forum but i was hoping for some help. i went back to rock auto and did a search for hoses on my ram, saw a picture of one that matched up. listed a alternate PN, what do you know its the one i found, 52102793AA. not sure why the moparpartsoverstock.com said it wasnt a fit or much less the parts guy at the dealer couldnt give me the update PN to replace the one i had.

hope who ever finds this down the road, if your hose has PN 52121072AB, this is the new PN 52102793AA. why the dealer doesn't have it showing that PN 52102793AA is the new one/revised/updated hose to 52121072AB is beyond me. it was a few different sites had the hose listed as "Leak Detection Pump To Canister" but also is labeled by some as the PCV hose, not sure if its the same thing just a different term. i just can not fathom it took this much work to figure out which hose i needed. lol

PJ Moran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l V8
just noticed this is the wrong sub forum but i was hoping for some help. i went back to rock auto and did a search for hoses on my ram, saw a picture of one that matched up. listed a alternate PN, what do you know its the one i found, 52102793AA. not sure why the moparpartsoverstock.com said it wasnt a fit or much less the parts guy at the dealer couldnt give me the update PN to replace the one i had.

hope who ever finds this down the road, if your hose has PN 52121072AB, this is the new PN 52102793AA. why the dealer doesn't have it showing that PN 52102793AA is the new one/revised/updated hose to 52121072AB is beyond me. it was a few different sites had the hose listed as "Leak Detection Pump To Canister" but also is labeled by some as the PCV hose, not sure if its the same thing just a different term. i just can not fathom it took this much work to figure out which hose i needed. lol

This is not quite right. This new part number is for a different hose. It's not the same as the one we're trying to replace. The old hose is a simple L-shaped piece, and the new one is much more than that. As far as I can tell, the actual part we need is not available. However, the "replacement" is the right size and material, and you can cut out of it the part you actually need. I got the new part and was able to successfully cut it to fit perfectly. Problem solved!