Exhaust recommends (No drone)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
What's up guys...

So I'm looking into upgrading the exhaust on my 2014 5.7L Ram, I don't want something to loud, to where I'm shaking the ground through the neighborhood LOL. I've had loud trucks before, trucks even with that annoying droning sound.

I just want something that's got a little more rumble then factory when stepping on the pedal. I've heard ideas like muffler delete, but not sure if that will mess with inspection or check engine lights.? I also been looking on American trucks and came across an exhaust called the Carven, they have a few different options as far as 5" tips chrome or black, a mild sound or very loud, But what I really like is the fact that it's DIY practically, so I can do it in my driveway.

So what are yalls thoughts on it? What kind of sets ups you guys running? but also avoiding that drone sound, or if yall are experiencing the drone which exhaust is it?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Corsa only one I know of that has no drone at cruising speeds.
Many variables on the other brand, MDS on/off, cats on/off, resonators on/off

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Corsa or Borla catback. No drone. Any regular muffler swap will have drone. I think corsa made the sports exhaust for the rams. I have the Borla stinger catback on my truck now. It sounds good. Nice aggressive and Deeper. No drone. Had carven progressive. Had drone. Was louder and deeper.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you just want a deeper sound but no drone, leave the stock exhaust alone and put 5" tips on it. You might be happy.
I run muffler delete and it's loud all the time inside & out. Any 'performance' muffler will have some drone, it's unavoidable.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some people also suggest adding a J pipe to reduce drone, never tried it myself but have seen people reporting success. Could be another option for you to consider.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Well I have the Borla S-type with headers & no cats, sounds good but drone at cruising.
Now the Borla Touring would probably have worked or even the S-type with cats & no headers.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I have the Borla S-type with headers & no cats, sounds good but drone at cruising.
Now the Borla Touring would probably have worked or even the S-type with cats & no headers.
I have the s type and going headers with cats. How loud is your exhaust? Did you have the catback before headers too?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am running the new flow master Flow FX stock from front of muffler cat's and all. 3 inch inlet 2-2 1/2 outlets no drone and in 6th running highway you just here it enough to know its got a system on it. I really like it if I want to here it more I just put it in 5th for a bit
0405211655_HDR.jpg

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can recommend Solo Performance Mach 44 cat back kit. Not too loud and no drone.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I love my Carven but I "DO" have the competitor series which is pretty damn loud but I love it ... the drone I don't even notice it if and when it kicks in ....

I would go with the Carven Progressive if you don't want it too loud but some say it does get louder with time ...

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Borla pro xs. Swapped out my Carven progressive for this after installing headers. I liked the Carven a lot before the long tubes. After it was waay too loud. Got annoying after a few months. So far no drone with the borla. Was getting bad drone with the Carven at interstate speeds. Lots of exhaust opinions on here. Sound is very subjective

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I have the s type and going headers with cats. How loud is your exhaust? Did you have the catback before headers too?
Fairly loud on cold starts & WOT.......installed all at once......had a spintech & fabricated Y-pipe after stock manifolds/cats before LT & Borla.
Drone maybe just me getting old......LoL.......I like driving with windows down which cancels out drone

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had Corsa sport and Corsa extreme on two different Mustang GTs, zero drone. Def the way to go for no drone but expensive.

currently have a Flowmaster 40 on my truck which drones moderately, having the 40 swapped for a Super 10 next Tuesday, I’m pretty sure it will have massive drone. That said, there are some Flowmaster mufflers that don’t drone too bad.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exhaust cut out.

Go from civilized to full hill billy in seconds.

My setup cost maybe $70.

Spare midpipe, to reverse if i need to $45 on craigslist. That included two muffler back tubes..

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For catbacks I recommend Magnaflow, Borla, and Corsa

For Muffler kits I recommend Solo.

Message me if you would like a quote or more info on anything.