Finally! Reunited and it feels so good!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Ha Ha....that song was so fitting. I have been MIA for a bit, but I had to share my excitement with you guys. Some of you may remember all the troubles I was having with my truck. She sat up more this year than I actually drove her! Well today, I FINALLY got her back, and she's running like a champ! Just had to share. Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas tomorrow!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
awesome!!! glad the truck is running good for you. Merry Christmas to you too

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thats great news congrats. I know even after I come from work I like to be outside if the weathers nice cleaning her up, detailing or just being outside with my rig.

OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Thanks guys. This was certainly the best Christmas gift to me ever, lol. I just wanna get in her and just drive.....but then I remember how fast she burns gas, and I control myself, *****

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thanks guys. This was certainly the best Christmas gift to me ever, lol. I just wanna get in her and just drive.....but then I remember how fast she burns gas, and I control myself, *****

I try not to let that stop me.
Besides, I got another truck that burns gas faster. :D

OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Now I'm just toying with the idea of finishing her off in bedliner. Her hood and rockers and bumpers and grill look so good, I am very tempted to just black her out. Still on the fence though.

OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
I'll take a few tomorrow when it's nice and bright out. :D Only thing different from my sig pic is my hood is done. I'm seriously thinking I may go ahead and paint the rest. Put a lot of thought into it.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I think your sig looks good, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Or fills your moat, or whatever.

OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Thanks guys! I'll snap some currents today. Headed to AutoZone this afternoon. My rear tail light is actin up bad. I replace the bulbs, it'll work at first, then goes right back out. I'm due for my inspection sticker so I sure hope I can get it to work. May be the wiring harness, not sure. I'm not good with electronics.

Well I had ALOT of troubles with the engine in the past, had a used one put in, had more trouble, changed mechanics, he got it running nicely, after that hefty bill, he advised me my front end was going bad. Had to save up for a while, and got the hub bearings and rotors changed out, and now I'm back in business. She sat up this year more than I drove her!

Do any of y'all use that Lucas additive? I bought a big bottle of it, and just added some yesterday. Seems to run rich.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Your taillight could have had a critter attack the wiring, or a ground might be messed up somewhere. I say take it out and see what you can see.

As for your question regarding the Lucas, I never have. I use Seafoam and StarTron, personally.

If it's running rich it could likely be the front O2 sensor going bad, having been sitting up for a year.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I have used the Lucas fuel treatment in the past just to see if it helped nope. I prefer to use Techron in a bottle, it can be found at most Chevron fuel stations. I only use that if I feel the need and that has not been for years now.

I personally have zero use for most fuel/oil additives, if I feel the need to decarbonise a motor I use Mopars combustion cleaner or distilled water, yes water (this is not for the first timer). Decarbonizing a motor in my op is at max once a year deal.

Edit: Tail light.

Check the harness in the convoluting going from the tail light to the rear harness under the bumper, mine just corroded away in there.

Front 02 is a good place to start for running rich. Same injectors were used for the newer motor, motor size was the same 5.9? I remember part of your problems I think I got one or two posts in that thread. I don't remember if you changed motors or had one rebuilt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
I had a "new" used one put in. That will NEVER happen again. My second and now permanent mechanic told me that if he were the other mechanic that did the swap, he would have rejected that used engine and sent it back. I was hot when he told me that. At least she's running smooth now though. Fingers crossed she last a while. Thank you for all your input, I appreciate it. This forum is wonderful for valid helpful advice.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I had a "new" used one put in. That will NEVER happen again. My second and now permanent mechanic told me that if he were the other mechanic that did the swap, he would have rejected that used engine and sent it back. I was hot when he told me that. At least she's running smooth now though. Fingers crossed she last a while. Thank you for all your input, I appreciate it. This forum is wonderful for valid helpful advice.

Thats right thank you for reminding me, ****** oil psi on the used motor after the install? I was pissed that there were no tests done on the used motor and labeled with those readings. I hope your new mech works out well for you, a good mech that does not m/t your bank account is a good thing and hard to find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PinkCamoDodge

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Thats right thank you for reminding me, ****** oil psi on the used motor after the install? I was pissed that there were no tests done on the used motor and labeled with those readings. I hope your new mech works out well for you, a good mech that does not m/t your bank account is a good thing and hard to find.

Yeah my new mechanic was the one that had to get it running right again after the engine was replaced and started running like garbage just a couple months after it was done. He said he'd have rejected it if he'd had an engine come in the way that one must have. New mechanic is pretty awesome. When I had it in the shop this last time, we were expecting the ball joints and hub bearings and rotors needing to be replaced. Well the day he called me to pick her up, it turned out that the bearings and rotors had to be done, and the brakes, but that the ball joints were fine. He could have easily told me they had to be done and charged me ALOT more like I was expecting, but he didn't. His shop is 40 miles from me, but I will only be using him anytime my truck needs to be touched.