Finally... Spacers gone, bils installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front end up a little high now. Can I get some suggestions on 1" or 2" rear spacers? I have heard spacers in the rear aren't as troublesome as front. I'm not really towing anything heavy or much tongue weight.

Quackwhackertim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Glad you made the upgrade. Should be a better ride. Definitely need some pics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
spacers are super simple for rear. top gunz and they are very reasonable

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sway bar torque

Anyone know for sure the torque for the upper swat bar link with the truck on the ground.

deerhunter_24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Fish on, what setting did you go on the bils? 2.8 or 2.1?

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man! What was a pain on the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yooper906

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get the 3/4" or 1" rear spacer from Topgun. Less than $50 for the 3/4". Glad you made the switch to the Bilstein!! Here's mine with 3/4"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I already had spacers installed so two major problems. First, Belle Tire put them on cuz they gave me a good price and I was already getting tires and needed an alignment. They must have used an impact gun to tighten the ball joints. Took two hours each side to pry, hammer, kick and wedge those ****** apart. The it doesn't go as easy as normal when removing the old strut assy. Even with every thing disconnected I couldn't jump on the rotor to get the lower control arm low enough to take out the extended strut. Had to put the spring compressors on only a couple coils to get what I could out of them to squeeze them out. Word to the wise...don't buy spring compressors at harbor freight! They snapped. Other than that it went well. Rides awesome. Wouldn't recommend spacers to my worst enemy. Thanks to all the guys that convinced me to switch.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I already had spacers installed so two major problems. First, Belle Tire put them on cuz they gave me a good price and I was already getting tires and needed an alignment. They must have used an impact gun to tighten the ball joints. Took two hours each side to pry, hammer, kick and wedge those ****** apart. The it doesn't go as easy as normal when removing the old strut assy. Even with every thing disconnected I couldn't jump on the rotor to get the lower control arm low enough to take out the extended strut. Had to put the spring compressors on only a couple coils to get what I could out of them to squeeze them out. Word to the wise...don't buy spring compressors at harbor freight! They snapped. Other than that it went well. Rides awesome. Wouldn't recommend spacers to my worst enemy. Thanks to all the guys that convinced me to switch.

Cool thanks for the info. I just ordered my bils last night and am currently running a spacer lift.

What spring compressors ended up working for you then?

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rented them from o'Rielly. Worked great. Basically free. Put a dep down and get the full deposit back.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rented them from o'Rielly. Worked great. Basically free. Put a dep down and get the full deposit back.

I bought the harbor freight ones before and they were junk. I have an o'reilly is local so I could go that route.

Or I'll buy this.

6d09680b817f9568b3718e0a14912914.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat