Front camera install not going so well!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dwhutch

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, I've been looking into this as I want to see if I can keep the video in motion at all times. It appears that PINs 21,22 are used for second row video in factory applications. Thus far I've been unable to get the second or third row options to appear on a UAS screen.

My question is, do you have the source VIN for that radio? Do you know the firmware level too? The only diagram I see that PINs 21,22 from the factory is for a Grand Cherokee.View attachment 236355

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
My radio is of questionable origin. I think you commented on some of my posts at the time I installed it. All that info should be here https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/2382910

If you don't see what you need let me know and I'll try to find it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My radio is of questionable origin. I think you commented on some of my posts at the time I installed it. All that info should be here https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/2382910

Thanks, I'm horrible with names. I guess that carries over to screen names too!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I will have to remember that it may be 21,22 for some newer Panasonic radios (not convinced that's a ram radio PN) and file that one under...

F - Frickin
C - Connector
A - Anarchy

M² Mods.
OK, I may have made some progress. I'm not sure if it was plugging in my broken lockpick or unplugging my radio (probably the latter) but no lockpick is currently plugged in and I'm now left with all these extra inputs. Next step is to PIN 21 and 22 to see if I can get video through.b93ecad3bcbac2c02edc424edcf4df27.jpg2df7c34731ad82446c7940c5687ede20.jpg

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah it did have a hefty price tag, but I now also have functional front, cargo, and backup cameras. I have to use all three Everytime I'm in the truck to help justify the cost haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a cargo camera & backup camera installed from the factory in my '16 but currently have Customtronix enigma premium paired with their video switch to use my front camera on my cargo camera input since I'm not able to pin Mike's harness due to my factory wiring for my cargo camera. How do you have your cargo camera & front camera wired and how do you toggle between the two? I assume your truck didn't come factory with the cargo?

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a cargo camera & backup camera installed from the factory in my '16 but currently have Customtronix enigma premium paired with their video switch to use my front camera on my cargo camera input since I'm not able to pin Mike's harness due to my factory wiring for my cargo camera. How do you have your cargo camera & front camera wired and how do you toggle between the two? I assume your truck didn't come factory with the cargo?

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

My 2019 1500 Classic Express came with the 8.4 UAS radio and factory backup camera.

I added the OEM CHMSL w/ cargo cam and wired it up with Deerguy's harness, pinning the camera into the radio connector at 24, 25, 26.

I installed the Customtronix from emblem w/ camera and harness, as well as their Enzo jailbreak. The front camera power/video connect to the Enzo harness.

I can access the front camera, media display, cargo, and rear camera via the "back" button on the radio. Or I can also access the cargo/backup cameras via the soft buttons on the radio per factory setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
So, using the Enzo Jailbreak, it give you additional menus via the back button?