Front Lighting Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Purty lights, LOL.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Could you determine, or make a guess at what the 2 rectangle looking things are that are on each side of your lowest light bar ?

Last edited:

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks awesome! I like how you did 5 of the grille leds

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GT I have no Idea what those rectangular blocks are...obviously not tow hook access..perhaps where there should have been support for a push/brush bar attachment ??

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
2 things(since you asked)...1) I hope part of that light bar is yellow, because yellow is fantastic for providing some contrast in the woods at night and 2) If those hood vents are operational, why on earth would you block them with lights?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 things(since you asked)...1) I hope part of that light bar is yellow, because yellow is fantastic for providing some contrast in the woods at night and 2) If those hood vents are operational, why on earth would you block them with lights?
Hood vents on the sport hoods are not functional.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hood vents on the Sport Hood are only there for if/when you use the MOPAR CAI. Otherwise they are just solid plastic designed to look like a vent. They don't do crap.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What they said about the phony hood vents and WHY i decided to make some use of them as i love lighting it up...as you can tell...The light bar is totally and only YELLOW for fog.deer etc..I put a polycabonate cover on the light bar to get the effect.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a buddy of mine and me like to mess with truck stuff...we conjured up the idea that on these sport hood useless vents, if the lights do not last we are working on a functional option. WE would remove the LEDs..drill out more holes..just the honeycomb area, fabricate some little drain tray and voila..aditional cool air into your engine bay...if you want it..snow,rainm,abd dust and crap would be caught/channelled away from my Vararam..cleanable and yet allow fluids to pass by any electric etc..just an idea we are playing with for now..

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They illuminate nicely but nothing like your running lights or DRL's... You can easily see them from say 100 ft..not nmeant to be like a fog light or such..more of an asthetic illumination.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does you engine and transmission like the lights better than cool air?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hood Vent LED’s were not fun to install or wire...had some help!
Didn’t even notice those till you pointed them out. I was blinded by that awesome yellow light bar! I like it.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
People really find any way to hate, as if a few lights in that big grille are going to make your drivetrain overheat or something lol

Looks good, I like it!