front springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at my build sheet yesterday and was going to get new front springs to put on my bilsteins to level the truck. however there are a bunch of springs listed that all say they will fit my truck on mopar online parts. They list a bunch of 3 letter z codes but when you compare that code they all say the same thing on rams sales code sheet and that is left front spring and right front spring. build sheet does not give a 3 letter sales code but just says RF spring and LF spring. question is which springs are the correct ones for my truck, how do I determine that?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s wrong with your existing springs? How high do you need to lift the front for level? Could order eibach springs for the bils and they run around 2-3” of lift

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s wrong with your existing springs? How high do you need to lift the front for level? Could order eibach springs for the bils and they run around 2-3” of lift
Nothing wrong with them at all, just want to set up the bilsteins so all i have to do is swap out the whole assembly

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say it takes me about 10 minutes longer per shock if the OE top nut fights me to do a bilstein swap vs Rancho quick lift. Thats with a cheap really used 20 dollar spring compressor . You are looking to **** away money buying springs

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're looking for a way to have them already set up for a pop-out, pop-in experience remember that if you're getting the 5100 series Bilsteins even if you had a new set of coil springs you would still need to swap over your lower spring seat & upper strut mount, those don't come with the 5100's.

So you could buy 5100s and new coil springs but as far as I know the lower spring mounts are not even available to buy aftermarket because they are "part of" the OEM struts.

You could buy Bilstein 6112's which come with new coil springs and new lower seats, and they're a higher grade product - but they still require you to swap over your upper strut mounts from your existing struts. Another option is Rancho Quick Struts which come as a complete unit.. my opinion is they're a lower quality product than the Bilstein 5100's but they do work for a lot of people. Rough Country makes a quick lift strut as well, I don't know anything about it and cannot offer advice about it but it's something to consider. Also King Shocks makes ready-fitted front struts if you're in better than average shape financially and want the best. Around $1500 for the pair before you start adding options, probably worth it if you drive the sh** out of your truck but probably not worth it if you're really not stressing the stock suspension to begin with.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought new Mopar springs, seats, and isolators for the pro comp pro runner shocks. I ordered online through Mopar parts Canada. I just threw in my VIN and picked out a set. I then contacted Mopar parts directly and they confirmed the parts fit my truck.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to say, I’m reusing the strut mounts on my replacement struts I currently Have on the truck, not stock.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where can one buy the complete strut top hat assembly?

Im thinking of 6112s on my truck and feel like I might wanna have the 6112 fully assembled and just swap out my 5100s.

Wouldn’t that be all I need to accomplish it with the 6112?

hardcharger77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All the OE bits required for the 6112 are shown in the attached diagram.

6295122cdf5bb024dc8c7ec7140cbcf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk