front wheel well liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i noticed my PS fender flare was lose on the bottom of my neely acquired 2016 1500 limited upon inspection I noticed that the entire liner was just not in correctly and missing hardware and so forth through out the inside of the well. I just purchased this truck second hand and of course i don't know any history on it but its obvious they had the liner removed for some reason and whom ever did, broke the button fasteners and never replaced them and left screws out also. Even the abs harness was not reattached. All an east fix the only question I have is... Does the front of the liner right where it comes down along the bumper does it go inside the plastic channel on the inside bumper or ride in-between the actual chrome and the black backing behind it? Anyone have pictures of an undisturbed liner?

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, that probably means your exhaust manifold screws were recently extracted and replaced. You'll likely not have to worry about that for another 50,000 miles.

Mine doesnt have chrome, but the liner fits just behind the fender lip. The screws go through the fender first, then into the clip-on nuts that are attached to the plastic.

The plastic rivets go through the fender first, then into the liner holes.

IMG-20191208-153351186.jpg

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even when secured with all the hardware they are kinda flimsy, both of mine actually starting contacting the front of the tires at hwy speeds from the wind hitting them.........easy fix with a cable tie though!

image.jpg

OP
OP
jr27236

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, that probably means your exhaust manifold screws were recently extracted and replaced. You'll likely not have to worry about that for another 50,000 miles.

Mine doesnt have chrome, but the liner fits just behind the fender lip. The screws go through the fender first, then into the clip-on nuts that are attached to the plastic.

The plastic rivets go through the fender first, then into the liner holes.

IMG-20191208-153351186.jpg
Wow thanks for that picture. So the bottom with the push button clip is in your lower bumper? My liner has 2 holes but the metal bumper has no holes to send those through, so i guess it just rides in there. Im gonna look to see if that was done, that'd be good if they are an issue. Got this to replace my 07 that was totaled out.

Last edited:

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine is the sport model, so the bumper is covered with a plastic fascia. The lower rivets push into the fascia.

OP
OP
jr27236

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is the sport model, so the bumper is covered with a plastic fascia. The lower rivets push into the fascia.
Who ever did the work literally put the liner back like the end of day whistle was about to blow. Simplest part and just thrown back in. Even the wire for the air suspension was not even clipped back in. An auto stripper would of shown more care. Lol