Getting the power to the ground...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're gonna need LSD with 4.10s and converter. You'll be pissed when you have to spend the money twice to open the rear.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're gonna need LSD with 4.10s and converter. You'll be pissed when you have to spend the money twice to open the rear.

I know you are right...just pissed. These damn websites need to update their pages. I actually received a confirmation that my order shipped...4 hours later that my money had been refunded. WTF is all I'm saying. Converter may have to wait a bit since I have to spend an extra $300 now.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bummer man.... sad to see they did you wrong. there is that lsd for sale in the classifieds that might save you some change

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
yes..that really sucks...but i say spend the cash and get it all. once you have everything, your truck will rip, and you will be happy. :)

that is jacked up though..they did you wrong.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had one for sale in the classifieds but sold it a week ago for 475. I say go for the lsd. I did the 4.10s and lsd and Im still having traction problems. I thought the lsd would get traction but not with the 4.10s, couldnt imagine the 4.10s with a pegleg. Now I gotta find some sticky tires. But the 4.10s and lsd are fun. Pulls hard now and great for passing on the hgwy. I did lose .5 mpg though.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could try Benny at All Mopar Parts. They are a vendor for this forum. Here is the thread I had with him: http://www.ramforum.com/f133/4_10_gear_swap-36423/ The part is listed on his site for 515. FYI I was able to sell my old gears and open diff for 200 to help offset the cost.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could try Benny at All Mopar Parts. They are a vendor for this forum. Here is the thread I had with him: http://www.ramforum.com/f133/4_10_gear_swap-36423/ The part is listed on his site for 515. FYI I was able to sell my old gears and open diff for 200 to help offset the cost.

I did exactly that before even reading this post. Spoke with Mike...great guys, excellent customer service and best price considering. At the end of the day LSD and bearing kit shipped for a little over $600. Thank you all for letting me *****...I know in the end this was the right thing to do. The converter will have to be a Christmas gift to myself...

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't think their would be any interest in 3.55 and open diff. Good to know!

yeah, definitely good to know... i will be trying to sell mine when i get my gears and lsd installed too

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dunno how you guys break traction to begin with!!

I can romp on it anytime and it just squats and goes. Never a chirp, or roasting. Nothing. (unless damp/wet/snowy or something out). Even with my mods now. Though, I generally always have decent tires. im betting it spins when they get a little wore...but that's not as impressive.

I even have the 3.92's, but on heavy huge stock tires. One of the main reasons I want a set of 17's just for fun on the street and to lay 100 ft strips.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I can romp on it anytime and it just squats and goes. Never a chirp, or roasting. Nothing. (unless damp/wet/snowy or something out). Even with my mods now. Though, I generally always have decent tires. im betting it spins when they get a little wore...but that's not as impressive.

I even have the 3.92's, but on heavy huge stock tires. One of the main reasons I want a set of 17's just for fun on the street and to lay 100 ft strips.

Turn off that traction button! JK... strange though...Swap out to a decent converter!

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
interesting.... i thought you would definitely break them loose with your mods.... but that could be a good thing at the track if your truck just "squats and goes"... won't lose any time spinning

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Your truck would be a lot different at sea level.

Also try a decent converter.

Last edited:

Divi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
turn off the traction control on your tuner in quick adjust. I can do that with my hemi on the 87 tune and spin my 35's with 3.55's doing a brake stand.... well one

mjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man i did that exact thing , except added true track diff. You will not be dissapointed , got it back yesterday, the edge is very very impressive.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey man i did that exact thing , except added true track diff. You will not be dissapointed , got it back yesterday, the edge is very very impressive.

You have the advantage of not having a 2011-2012...
As for the Edge: that's what I keep hearing. Need to recover from the gears/LSD/install before I can invest in the Edge converter. But it will definitely be getting done soon enough!

BTW: Is the LSD modifier needed? http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mopar...14673&sr=1-1&keywords=mopar+friction+modifier

Last edited:

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member