Good Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking at a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4.

MSRP on the sticker is $65,375 and I'm looking at $49,153 + docs (499), licensing and sales tax. Looks like a good deal to me.

Does anyone know what the Engine Calibration Flash is?

RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4
Exterior Color: Delmonico Red Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color: Black Interior Color
Interior: Premium Leather–Trimmed Bucket Seats
Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Transmission: 8–Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Delmonico Red Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint $100 Customer Preferred Package 25M
Protection Group $395
Front Suspension Skid Plate Fuel Tank Skid Plate Steering Gear Skid Plate Transfer Case Skid Plate
Body–Color Bumper Group $195

Limited Level 1 Equipment Group $2,995
19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
Advanced Brake–Assist
Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus
Lane Keep Assist
Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop Ventilated Rear Seats
Surround–View Camera (NAW Trailer–Tow Mirrors)

Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine $1,795
33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445
Trailer Brake Control $295
Engine Calibration Flash

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sounds like a great deal!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Um yeah...that doesn't suck. No idea what Engine Calibration Flash is though.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Marketing genius.Bump the MSRP UP $20 k,then offer you $15 K off the price.You think you got a deal but you really paid $5 k more than it's worth.Just saying.

OP
OP
R

Reamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck yesterday. Of course the deal wasn’t quite as good as it initially looked. But still 22% or so below MSRP.

And no doubt: they over price these things so they can make you think you’re getting a deal while they still make a healthy profit.

Pretty sweet truck, though. I just hope all the fancy stuff keeps working rather than becoming a frikken headache.

Pretty funny- I would have gone for a SLT or Big Horn, but my wife “needed” the vertically adjustable passenger seat due to neck/back/shoulder issues. So it was Laramie or higher. The only advanced features that really caught my eye were the adaptive cruise control and ventilated seats.

Pezrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the truck yesterday. Of course the deal wasn’t quite as good as it initially looked. But still 22% or so below MSRP.

And no doubt: they over price these things so they can make you think you’re getting a deal while they still make a healthy profit.

Pretty sweet truck, though. I just hope all the fancy stuff keeps working rather than becoming a frikken headache.

Pretty funny- I would have gone for a SLT or Big Horn, but my wife “needed” the vertically adjustable passenger seat due to neck/back/shoulder issues. So it was Laramie or higher. The only advanced features that really caught my eye were the adaptive cruise control and ventilated seats.
Well what was the final cost?

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah I got sucked in twice.We get basically fleet pricing through work but they still beat you up on that.As soon as they find that out the value of your trade takes a dive.Works out to about 30% off.Saying all that there is a dealer(in Toronto) that advertises 30% off and everyone gets it.Wouldn't trade my truck there but would definitely make the trip to buy one.Just makes life easier.

mswain21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 etorque
I am looking for a deal also. Did that $50,771 include any manufacturer rebates? If so, how much? I can only qualify for $4,500 in rebates if I do cash or standard financing, so it makes more sense for me to do the 0% for 84 months. I can’t take any rebates if I want the 0%. I just got an offer for 3% under factor invoice cost with the 0% for 84 months. MSRP $67,930. Purchase price before tax, license title doc fee $60,173.