Good News there is a 2021 4th Gen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
At least someone can still order a 2021 4th gen. Not sure what is going on with the ramtruck website. Couldn't build a 2021 4th gen online.

2021 Police Fleet truck
https://www.fcausfleet.com/ramtrucks/ssv.html

Still says 2021 Warlock
https://moparinsiders.com/the-2021-ram-1500-classic-warlock-adds-new-all-terrain-package-its-lineup/

This is all it lets me do on the ramtruck website. 2020.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.html#...HE,V9,CEQ,XME,MRA,AJH,AAY,CLY,LPL,CS7,RA2,22B

UPDATE: I am now able to build a 2021 Classic Reg Cab on the website as of a couple of days ago!

01-14-21 Update: Bad news is the tradesman upper front facia is not body color if you pick a low volume paint color. It's only comes in black. This makes no sense to me. Even if you buy the SXT upgraded option for $2895 which states it includes a body color upper facia panel. This leaves me with the option to do the same thing I had to do with my current tradesman, buy an unpainted panel, and get it painted myself.

01-20-21 Update: Additional bad news. You can't order black seats with any of the low volume paint colors. Black seats are only available with the very limited factory stock colors. No blues or greens in the factory stock color palets. They are gradually removing the color options. This is probably the last year.
2021RegCabForrestGreenPearlCoat.JPG

Last edited:

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope the 4th gen 1500 never dies. I'm sure FCA continues to hit a home run with that model hence the reason they're still making them :)

It's a smart play. All the R&D and tooling has long been paid for. Every one of these trucks has to be big profit, even with all the rebates.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The G5 is a very handsome truck. I’d be proud to own one.....

But they have lost the distinction that the Gen 4 possesses. The G5 looks pretty much like every other pick-up on the road. But when a G4 is coming at you, you can tell from a mile away what it is. The G4 front end doesn’t look like anything else. I really dig that.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8

But they have lost the distinction that the Gen 4 possesses. The G5 looks pretty much like every other pick-up on the road. But when a G4 is coming at you, you can tell from a mile away what it is. The G4 front end doesn’t look like anything else. I really dig that.

Indeed! I don't understand the new-wave grille designs from all the OEMs. They are all going with some mash-up of lines, levels, and indistinctive grooves and slats.

Seriously, WTH is this? https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2021-chevrolet-silverado-1500-review

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am of the opinion that the manufacturers have pretty much run out of mechanical tricks reguarding MPGs and emissions, short of electric. And pick-up buyers aren't ready to plug their truck in at the end of the day, nor in the middle of a road trip, pulling a trailer.

Aerodynamics and light weight, especially aerodynamics is going to be the next big thing.

Every truck is/is going to start looking the same.

Expect more electronic garbage that most guys don't really want; Electronic garbage that is going to fizzle and pop when it gets to be 10 years old.

I'm hanging on to my 2011. I'll replace the cam and lifters, if need be. I'll have the 545RFE rebuilt, if need be.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I am of the opinion that the manufacturers have pretty much run out of mechanical tricks reguarding MPGs and emissions, short of electric. And pick-up buyers aren't ready to plug their truck in at the end of the day, nor in the middle of a road trip, pulling a trailer.

Aerodynamics and light weight, especially aerodynamics is going to be the next big thing.

Expect more electronic garbage that most guys don't really want; Electronic garbage that is going to fizzle and pop when it gets to be 10 years old.

I'm hanging on to my 2011. I'll replace the cam and lifters, if need be. I'll have the 545RFE rebuilt, if need be.

I agree the amount of tech inside the cabin is getting absurd. I like my simple Tradesman package.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

^This.

The new trucks are becoming very reminiscent of Formula 1 cars...With the modern EPA and fuel mileage regs the designs are now revolving around aerodynamics..which is why they're all starting to look the same.

I'm so glad I bought a 19 classic instead of the new body style.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Totally agree, the 4th gen has that distinct look. Different from everything else.

I think the designers nailed it with that body style.

Sure, I would love to have a brand new 5th gen, but I am not impressed with the look of the front. IMO, something about the headlight/grille combination just makes it look "off".

I do like the idea of the badging on the hood, but not necessarily the look of the badges themselves. Like the grill, they look maybe too busy, not clean and simple.

Last edited:

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I bought my 2021 classic (on order) partly because of the old style look. On top of that i bought the normal 4th Gen instead of the warlock due to looks.

Also the other part is due to it literally being 20+k cheaper then same truck in New style to include Ford and chevy.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love that they still produce the 4th gens. Because when my truck gets old and needs used parts, there will be plenty of newer used parts. Will keep the truck running forever and costing little in parts.

Nice bighorn. Mine use to look like that!

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We like ours, glad we found it when we did.

Attachments

• F68F1C4A-66AF-423D-8548-ED367BAE0894.jpeg
    F68F1C4A-66AF-423D-8548-ED367BAE0894.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd love it if RAM would do a minor 'refresh' on the 4th gen body. Get rid of those 3 funky overlapping 'eyebrows' on the front fender, door and box side. That's the one part of these trucks that looks odd, IMO.

Note to RAM: When the pressing molds get old, re-tool them with a single and straight body line (crease) starting from the top of the headlight going above the door handle, and all the way to the back of the truck. One unbroken body line. That would make a great-looking truck much cleaner looking.

Last edited:

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd love it if RAM would do a minor 'refresh' on the 4th gen body. Get rid of those 3 funky overlapping 'eyebrows' on the front fender, door and box side. That's the one part of these trucks that looks odd, IMO.

Note to RAM: When the pressing molds get old, re-tool them with a single and straight body line (crease) starting from the top of the headlight going above the door handle, and all the way to the back of the truck. One unbroken body line. That would make a great-looking truck much cleaner looking.

Yeah......not sure if I agree with that........wouldn't that jus be a square box?

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Then buy a 5th gen? It has that line right?

I'm happy with the looks of my Classic. I'm also getting a lot of compliments when stuck in traffic by random folks, even some RAM guys!! :D