Gunk in radiator cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan J

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah rmi is non toxic, which is cool. They use distributors so it was never available widespread, which is tragic. But it is so effective I can imagine how many times radiator shops charged good money for a special "treatment" and literally fixed the issue with this stuff. It is getting harder and harder to find, I'd bet most local radiator shops either have this on hand or can get it.
Some of the pricing out there is stupid, that 80 dollar deal for 4 32 ounces, it doesnt get any better then that. A lot of places are like 50 bucks for 8 ounces, lol.
So i put about 8oz of rmi in the radiator, ive got about 500 miles and 10hrs with it in. Ive pulled the dipstick out of the overflow and it has a little bit of slime stuck to it so id say its working. The rmi says i can leave it in, dont have to flush it out. Should i leave it or flush it all out? I wish the weater was warmer so the temps would get higher, im barely getting it to go over 200 in this frigid weather. Since the rmi can only help, i may just keep running it until we get a good warm patch so i can flush with water real good. A little leary on doing that right now. Ps.. i left the rest of the rmi in my truck door and it froze solid. This stuff will freeze also. Maybe not when mixed with coolant though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat