Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Tonneau Covers ... Looking for Recommendations, Reviews, Opinions....

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by OnSale, May 3, 2021.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Nick@GotExhaust

[email protected] Senior Member Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    Engine:
  2. MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Gator FX4...

I can put 300lbs on top of it.

Has the prop rods so I can leave it up even at highway speeds and use the entire bed.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

CAG CheechDogg likes this.
  3. OnSale

OnSale RCSB Crew

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    What drew my interest to the LoMax cover was how flat and level it is with the bed rails once installed and nothing sticks up above that "line" across the bed and cover. One thing i thought was really cool and unique was that i saw a truck with the LoMax cover on the bed and they vinyl wrapped the aluminum panels of the cover to paint match to their truck, and since the cover "sits inside the bed" and doesnt really have any exposed black rubber, it looked like a clean white flush mount bed cover. I really like how it looked vinyl wrapped and most bed covers can not be wrapped as they have that wavy pattern finish that is not smooth.

If you want to PM me a price shipped to 18940 for the LoMax Hard cover that would be cool.

I have been looking at the Gator FX4, definetly considering it but i have one major concern. I was watching youtube videos and the one video the guy said that you have to lift the first panel of the cover everytime you close your tailgate. I absolutely hate this and i dont want to have to lift the bed covers first panel every single time i want to close my tailgate. Do you have to do this with yours? Or can you open and close the tailgate without touching the Gator FX4 cover?

Oh and your truck looks really nice with that cover, it seems to match the color and flow of the truck really well. Perfect choice for your trim and color.

MikeSumthin likes this.
  4. GreyBolt

GreyBolt Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    For what it’s worth I too would recommend the teuxedo sentry. I had a different model by truxedo and the Velcro started getting weak. I called them about it and after sending some photos in they sent me all the parts to make it good as new again. Great warranty and customer service. The sentry is a roll top but is made from vinyl covered aluminum extrusions, can’t break into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale likes this.
  5. OnSale

OnSale RCSB Crew

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    What the heck is the deal with carpet inserts for the Ram beds? The ONLY carpeted insert i can find is by BedRug. I can't even find cheap alternatives on Amazon or Ebay!!! What is the deal with this? My only guess is that BedRug owns the patent and copyright on this and shuts down any seller who attempts to sell a carpet rug for the beds. I find it so odd that some company in China hasnt made a cheap $40-$60 alternative to Bed Rugs $180 price for a stupid piece of carpet. Talk about extremely overpriced. Its carpet! And the full kit for the sides and tailgate is over $450!!!!

Does anyone know of anywhere to buy a cheaper version of the Bed Rug carpet version for the 09-18 1500 6.4ft bed? I dont want rubber or anything else.

6. HTXRamExp

HTXRamExp Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BakFlip MX4

OnSale likes this.
  7. NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR Senior Member Supporting Member TOTM Winner

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    You could try marine-grade deck carpet at the boating store. You could use Velcro strips to hold it in place, might even be able to color match your truck. Stuff is pretty indestructible.
    A $50 rubber floor mat under it would eliminate feeling the floor ribs too. Something to ponder...

8. OnSale

OnSale RCSB Crew

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I ended up buying the MX4 from Nick @ GotExhaust at a huge discount compared to Amazon and BakFlip.con

Yea I was hoping for a cheaper alternative that I could just drop in. When it comes to things like a bed rug, I don’t care if it’s a cheap knockoff or alternative but the more important stuff like wheels, lift, performance stuff I always stay with the best that’s available.

I guess I have no choice but to buy the BedRug for $180 if I want a carpet rug for my trucks bed.

9. CAG CheechDogg

CAG CheechDogg Senior Member Supporting Member TOTM Winner

Ram Year:
    2018 2wd
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
    Just and FYI BAKflip is the same thing as GatorCovers ... I have the Gator FX Hard Quad Fold which is exactly the same thing as the MX4 ....

the_goodguy07 and OnSale like this.
  10. NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR Senior Member Supporting Member TOTM Winner

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7