Headers on a 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So are you seeing more low-end torque with the headers or just more performance on the upper end of the rpm spectrum? The 4k+ rpm performance doesn't really mean anything to me, but if you can get mor torque in the lower end of the rpm's with these headers it's something I'd be interested in for towing and such.

Very hard question to answer objectively. But matting the throttle with the TC off typically spins the tires to about 30mph. Sort of a rolling burnout, which it definitely didn't do stock. So between the headers and tune, I'd say yes.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Very hard question to answer objectively. But matting the throttle with the TC off typically spins the tires to about 30mph. Sort of a rolling burnout, which it definitely didn't do stock. So between the headers and tune, I'd say yes.

Yeah I'll definitely have to look into getting a tune...getting word tomorrow on whether or not the 2016 2500 I want is keeping the same incentives as last month. Gonna fly to Phoenix then drive her home.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I haven't forgotten about this.... :naughty:

hopefully he shows up, I'm very interested here.

No, the bum cancelled. I have a backup shop, but they still haven't opened their mobile dyno for the season. Frustrating, but until I can find another dyno in Northern NJ that can handle something this size I'm stuck waiting.

Some good new, ordered an Edge TC from Matt(Moes) and looks like it just shipped. Will be very curious to see how much it helps out of the hole (2600 stall).

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
well....

I called procharger today. They have interest in producing a kit. While no promises were made, there could be a kit out in 6-12 months.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you were really interested in a supercharger I would also look carefully at the Magnuson since the blower inlet elbow looks like it would line up pretty well with our trucks. The belt routing also looks to be the same as a 5.7 from what I can see. I suspect you would have to delete the EGR hardware (and tune it out) since there would be no provisions on the blower manifold. Obviously I'd check with your tuner beforehand and make sure they can/will support custom tuning for a blower install.

According to Whipple when they were asked about adopting a 5.7 kit:
"Currently the kit cannot be converted to the Truck without relocating the AC line. The heat exchanger system would also require new brackets, hoses, etc.". But honestly this is usually pretty straightforward stuff if you have any mechanical experience/skills.

Not that I've looked into any of this before:D

OP
OP
Ryan102

Ryan102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bump.

Anyone know if a tune is required to run the catless setup?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You will get a code without the cats in place. I would occasionally get a code even with the high flow cats until HF updated the tune to eliminate it. Otherwise it ran just fine on the stock programming.