Headlight Options

Which setup would you prefer if you could get any of them?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And my last one was a BOTL Express. Nothing wrong with that. Blessed? Nope. I just have a plan. Every month I put a truck payment in the bank. One day, when I need a new vehicle, I'll have the cash. My wife and I make sacrifices to do it, but that's the price of being disciplined. Sometimes it's not easy, but in the end you have the title in your hand when you walk out the door. That's my motivation.

This truck, we had to dig deep. The last one got hit by a tri-axle dump truck after only owning it for two years. This one was on the lot when I traded it in. Wiped out my truck account and a third of my sailing account. Had to put a couple of boat projects on hold, but it was still worth it.

Cheers and all the very best to you. Law enforcement is a tough game these days. I don't envy you, but I certainly appreciate what you do.

Bob
Well.... I'm thinking of you have both a boat account and a truck account you ARE blessed, even if we mean different things by it. Many are doing well to live off the streets and know when and fromwhere their next meal is coming. I bought new a few years ago. Flew to Indy and drove it back. Fully loaded Sport. I planned to do something bug for my 50th so I saved... and it still put a dent in my savings. Although i planned, i do consider myself blessed... even though I'm not a super religious guy. I realize it's not just hard work these days... though that it is MOST of it. Doesnt take a lot of bad luck for things to go south. Fast!!! As for lighting, I'll assume either you are young with good eyes, were very lucky in the Ram Truck headlight lottery, or I was not because mine absolutely suck @$$! They have from day one off the lot. The single thing I have disliked about my truck since day one. With the dogs on it's bearable. Without dangerous... damn near criminally so. I have a set of alphas... for a year now. Supposed to be retrofitting but havent got around to. Loved the look of the Morimotos but between the cost and the disaster that was their roll out... my alphas sitting in a closet unused STILL seem the better deal. Lol.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I want to get projectors since they help focus the light a whole lot more. I’ve been bouncing between the morimotos and the TYC. I’ve decided to get what I think I will like more and go with the TYC black projectors, blackout out paint, clear corner lenses, diode dynamic white/amber switchbacks, and 6000k HID kit for highs and lows. I’d like to find LEDs that work with the TYC, but I can’t find anything on them as far as fit and bulb size. The price is $1,615 and even though that’s expensive, I like them and it’s more of the original sport look. Like I said before, I plan to keep my truck another 3+ years unless I get a fishing boat before then (if I win this powerball or mega millions ). So I’m self justifying the money lol I wanted all the goodies with the colored turn signals, halos, and c bars, but all that makes it over $2k and I can’t justify that. Wish I could though! Thanks for the input and if anyone knows what LEDs will fit the TYCs before tomorrow around lunch please let me know as that’s when I’m ordering. Thanks!

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
If your going to go the tyc route I would upgrade your fog lights to led ones,not expensive.Just remember projectors project the light out in front so you do have those blind spots close to the truck and as I said its pita on twisty roads,good led fog lights eliminate that.I wouldn't mind I put my tyc in the garbage for the dump last week with the hid bulbs in them.My nephew took them out when he heard.I would have sent them to you just for shipping.The glass was a bit weathered looking though with only about 10000 miles on them,Probably buff up good.My truck just sits in driveway though in the sun,not even 40k on it yet and I bought it december 2015.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank is for the feedback guys. I looked at several videos yesterday and the alpharex has great light output, but they kinda look cheap to me. Even though the price isn’t. Thank you bigred90gt for the fog light input. I have a gray truck so they might not look good with them. I’m going to go with the TYC to keep the original look I think. I just have to decide on if I want to pay $500 to have them cut open and blacked out with the clear reflector or not. I’ve decided not to do all the halos and such as my truck isn’t a show truck by any means. If anyone else is any input I’d take it as I’m going to have to wait another week or two to place my order.
The fogs look good on our colour of truck.0822BE65-9563-4D6C-8EC9-3A0EBDBE560A.jpegE07C5C34-1998-4D16-B7A8-964AC2F716B2.jpeg

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OEM Projectors with drop in GTR Projectors throw out a ton of light. Mine happen to be customized with switchbacks, blacked out side markers and painted shrouds.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If your going to go the tyc route I would upgrade your fog lights to led ones,not expensive.Just remember projectors project the light out in front so you do have those blind spots close to the truck and as I said its pita on twisty roads,good led fog lights eliminate that.I wouldn't mind I put my tyc in the garbage for the dump last week with the hid bulbs in them.My nephew took them out when he heard.I would have sent them to you just for shipping.The glass was a bit weathered looking though with only about 10000 miles on them,Probably buff up good.My truck just sits in driveway though in the sun,not even 40k on it yet and I bought it december 2015.

So your lights went to the dump or your nephew took them? I wish I would've known that. Would've gladly thrown you a couple of dollars for them and taken them someone to have them recoated. The post below yours now has me wanting to add the projector fogs so it all matches. But then again I may just research some quality LEDs for the fogs since I can save around $175 that route.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So your lights went to the dump or your nephew took them? I wish I would've known that. Would've gladly thrown you a couple of dollars for them and taken them someone to have them recoated. The post below yours now has me wanting to add the projector fogs so it all matches. But then again I may just research some quality LEDs for the fogs since I can save around $175 that route.
https://www.amazon.com/Z-OFFROAD-Ve...ram+1500+led+fog+lights&qid=1610726489&sr=8-5

A lot of people have had good luck with these. The output pics I have seen blow the Morimotos out of the water, and for a fraction of the price.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do like those a lot. The light output looks amazing. Thank you for suggesting those!
I've been debating buying a pair for a while. After I posted the link, I bought a set of the chrome ones to go with my chrome bumper. I hate seeing the Morimotos looking like black holes in my bumper, and as I mentioned, they are completely useless as lights.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought the black ones today. Went ahead and bought some blacked out LED tails too that you can switch out for $30.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought the black ones today. Went ahead and bought some blacked out LED tails too that you can switch out for $30.

so after installing my them today, I’m happy with the light output but not the fit. They do not line up flush with the bumper at all. The tops are good, the bottoms have large gaps, and they seem to face in towards the bumper. Any ideas on how to adjust that? I’ll attach some photos for reference.71F28C80-19DD-426A-8951-651A6851EB93.jpeg A1A16EB6-CE0A-49F9-9287-C8C6CF36F2C7.jpeg 8C4DEBC8-4324-41F1-A87A-9A5ED9EE5EDD.jpeg F3EAAF8D-1D8D-4C60-8530-5938A5011BFF.jpeg

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks killer, I dig it. How’s the output?

i haven’t driven with them yet. I turned them on in the parking lot while walking the dog and they’re very bright. I’ll try to get some night shots with it soon for examples. I also took the stock brackets of the stock fogs. So I’m going to see if I can mount them to those and see if that’ll help the gap. They might just need to be adjusted though so I’ll try that first.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to adjust my factory ones since I installed LED’s, they’re a bit low but I am dropped. Had I known about these I would’ve given them a try before buying LED.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I need to adjust my factory ones since I installed LED’s, they’re a bit low but I am dropped. Had I known about these I would’ve given them a try before buying LED.

i turned the adjustment screw this morning and the bottom gap closed a lot. I’m still going to see if I can mount them in the stock bracket so they’ll line up better. I’ll let you know. It’ll be a few days before I can get to it though I’m sure. Work is a bit crazy right now with the protests and all.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01