Help anyone install wire harness from Dude's Diesel for running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
OK, 2019 Big Horn Classic installed my "new" tow mirrors from Boost Auto. Mirrors works as they are supposed to except the running lights in the turn signals of the mirrors. The harness I purchased from Dude's Diesel was supposed to tap the current from the LED lights for the door handles, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE, but I enabled them with AlfaOBD. All three selections are set to enabled "Door map pocket LED present, Door courtesy lamps present, Door handle LED present).

I have checked and rechecked and my wiring is correct and all three selections in the BCM are enabled, but still no running lights.

I know there may be someone in this forum that has installed this harness so I am asking for help from them or those who may know of this harness and its capability.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, 2019 Big Horn Classic installed my "new" tow mirrors from Boost Auto. Mirrors works as they are supposed to except the running lights in the turn signals of the mirrors. The harness I purchased from Dude's Diesel was supposed to tap the current from the LED lights for the door handles, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE, but I enabled them with AlfaOBD. All three selections are set to enabled "Door map pocket LED present, Door courtesy lamps present, Door handle LED present).

I have checked and rechecked and my wiring is correct and all three selections in the BCM are enabled, but still no running lights.

I know there may be someone in this forum that has installed this harness so I am asking for help from them or those who may know of this harness and its capability.

Message Jimmy07

I have the kit on a 2015, it took about 6 hrs for BCM to accept changes.
Have worked perfect ever since.
That's the same settings I changed.

Sorry I could help more.

2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Extang Full tilt tonneau
Nitro Ridge Grappler LT295/70R18 on Mayhem rims.
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
MORIMOTO LED head and tail lites

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just re-read, read thru this ( Boost Auto Parts Tow Mirrors (GM STYLE)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...-STYLE).2532412/&share_type=t&link_source=app )it was covered.
You cannot use the kit IF you bought new ones with running lights on them.

Good luck.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Message Jimmy07

I have the kit on a 2015, it took about 6 hrs for BCM to accept changes.
Have worked perfect ever since.
That's the same settings I changed.

Sorry I could help more.

I did the changes yesterday, one at a time. Let truck set minimum 5 minutes with key out of ignition. I checked today, still no workie... :(

One thing I did notice is that the puddle light on the bottom of the Boost mirrors with go out with the dimming of the dash lights. Not sure if original mirrors did that before I swapped out the Boost tow mirrors.
Do you have the puddle lights on your truck?

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Just re-read, read thru this ( Boost Auto Parts Tow Mirrors (GM STYLE)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=13656&share_tid=2532412&url=https://www.cumminsforum.com/index.php?threads/Boost-Auto-Parts-Tow-Mirrors-(GM-STYLE).2532412/&share_type=t&link_source=app )it was covered.
You cannot use the kit IF you bought new ones with running lights on them.

Good luck.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year

Well, I did contact Boost before I ordered my mirrors. I told them in NO way do I want to splice any wires due to truck being under warranty. I spoke of the harness kit and it seemed as if he went online and took a look at my harness that I was going to purchase and said they should work.
I actually questioned him and asked if he thought it should work and he conclusion was yes.
The mirrors I purchased only came with turn signals and NOT turn/run or switchback lights.
The harness had 2 extra wires to add the running light feature to my mirrors.
I believed they should have worked, and mine are NOT the GM style mirrors.
I was going to purchase these GM style but I need the power folding due to my garage parking situation.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, I assumed you went with GM style from boost my bad.

I have Ram tow version from A1 Auto non power fold.
And puddle lights work correctly with door and interior lights fading

They should work unless some how your sending reversed DC power.

Have you verified voltage output with a meter to to see if it changes possibly between blinker and running lights?

Just a thought

Is relay engaging?

I can check mine to see relay sequence and let you know.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Okay, I assumed you went with GM style from boost my bad.

I have Ram tow version from A1 Auto non power fold.
And puddle lights work correctly with door and interior lights fading

They should work unless some how your sending reversed DC power.

Have you verified voltage output with a meter to to see if it changes possibly between blinker and running lights?

Just a thought

Is relay engaging?

I can check mine to see relay sequence and let you know.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

NOT GM style. I will be pulling my door panel again tomorrow to get a close up shot of the connections. I will try and test for voltage tomorrow, and as far as the relays, NO I have not heard the relays. I assume when the lights turn on or off they should click?
Thanks for the info, as I wil be pulling the door panels again tomorrow.

Last edited:

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When turning blinker on, I hear relay click once, when canceling if releases.
No sound for running lights.
Hope that helps.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
YES, thanks much. No relay clicks at all.
I will be taking some photos tomorrow for Jimmy07 (from Dude's Diesel) and will follow up with results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Rechecked all 3 (Door map pocket LED present, Door courtesy lamps present,
Door handle LED present) and all are enabled. No sound from relay so I am stumped.
Turn signals work as they should and all mirror function (didn't check heated elements) mirror adjust and power fold work also.

I was thinking of going back and turning the above 3 functions off and re-enable each one but that may be a waste of time.