Help! Lifter knock after lifter and cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rda007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a update. Removed the heads had them machined and washed. Checked the lifters and all roller bearings look good. No visable damage to them and they roll well. I also used a camera and looked at each camshaft lobe and it looked fine, no denting visable. The truck only ran a short time so I'm hoping I'm lucky. Got a OEM headgasket from dodge and cleaned the deck again using acetone after removing all the gasket material. Heads were bolted on yesterday using a new torque wrench. So just putting everything together to start up. Wish me luck.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Just a update. Removed the heads had them machined and washed. Checked the lifters and all roller bearings look good. No visable damage to them and they roll well. I also used a camera and looked at each camshaft lobe and it looked fine, no denting visable. The truck only ran a short time so I'm hoping I'm lucky. Got a OEM headgasket from dodge and cleaned the deck again using acetone after removing all the gasket material. Heads were bolted on yesterday using a new torque wrench. So just putting everything together to start up. Wish me luck.
That’s a very thorough inspection, well done. Keep up posted and good luck.

ernest james

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey rda007did you fix the ticking and low oil psi problem. i want to know, I'm intrigued

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Did he say he used new head bolts anywhere or continued to use the same set?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca